Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I7 3570k vs i7 2500k overclocked to 4.6GHz

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Benchmark
  • Intel i7
  • Video
Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 13, 2012 1:37:10 AM

I am building a new computer and want to buy a new CPU. For all this time I've been thinking of buying a 3570k, but after I saw this video (link below), I got really confused, I mean 2500k beats 3570k in every single benchmark and it even BEATS the 3770k in Witcher 2. It doesn't tell the overclocked 3570k vs 2500k but 2500k will obviously be better right? (I don't care about cooling I have a freaking Silver Arrow. :D )

Link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLrGJWw6P3M&feature=relm...

Can you send me the link of any other benchmark that has been made by 3570k and 2500k please, thanks for your time.

More about : 3570k 2500k overclocked 6ghz

a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 2:12:29 AM

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2012/05/01/intel-...

Here's a pretty good benchmark. It shows the performance of the 2500k and 3570k both when overclocked and at stock clocks. If you are fairly familiar with overclocks, and I'm guessing you know a thing or two given the inclusion of the Silver Arrow :D , the 2500k would probably be just fine for you.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 6:50:32 AM

Actually you won't feel a difference between the Sandy and the Ivy unless you run a bench program, and the Ivy Bridge has heat issues, it will get more hotter than Sandy bridge when overclocked. 2500K.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 13, 2012 4:09:55 PM

That's okay I have Silver Arrow. But which one preforms better in games?

ilysaml said:
Actually you won't feel a difference between the Sandy and the Ivy unless you run a bench program, and the Ivy Bridge has heat issues, it will get more hotter than Sandy bridge when overclocked. 2500K.

m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 4:25:10 PM


2500K is performing the same as 3770K itself, and if you bench a very CPU intensive game, maybe it will lead to 5 FPS more in favor to 3770K.

2500K is the best gaming chip value out there.
Share
a c 146 à CPUs
June 13, 2012 4:31:29 PM

asalikus said:
That's okay I have Silver Arrow. But which one preforms better in games?

If you push graphics settings high enough, you will be GPU-bound and both CPUs will perform almost exactly the same regardless of overclock.

I would simply get IB since there is not that much of a difference between stock-speed IB and 5GHz SB when running games at GPU-bound levels of detail.
m
0
l
June 13, 2012 5:22:11 PM

Thank you for the benchmark.
Keanu Reeves said:
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2012/05/01/intel-...

Here's a pretty good benchmark. It shows the performance of the 2500k and 3570k both when overclocked and at stock clocks. If you are fairly familiar with overclocks, and I'm guessing you know a thing or two given the inclusion of the Silver Arrow :D , the 2500k would probably be just fine for you.

m
0
l
June 13, 2012 5:23:19 PM

Thank you for your suggestion.
ilysaml said:
Actually you won't feel a difference between the Sandy and the Ivy unless you run a bench program, and the Ivy Bridge has heat issues, it will get more hotter than Sandy bridge when overclocked. 2500K.

m
0
l
June 13, 2012 5:27:41 PM

Best answer selected by asalikus.
m
0
l
June 13, 2012 5:37:50 PM

Thanks, just learned something new today. :D 
InvalidError said:
If you push graphics settings high enough, you will be GPU-bound and both CPUs will perform almost exactly the same regardless of overclock.

I would simply get IB since there is not that much of a difference between stock-speed IB and 5GHz SB when running games at GPU-bound levels of detail.

m
0
l
June 13, 2012 6:33:05 PM

Any more benchmarks will be appreciated.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 7:20:35 PM

Check the review of all the Ivy Bridge series in the CPU sections here, you'll find that the total difference between Sandy and Ivy is an improved Integrated graphics and 5% overall increase in performance.
m
0
l
!