Sign in with
Your question

EVGA GTX 460 2win No signal

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 26, 2011 4:39:04 PM

Hello, I recently got a EVGA GTX 460 2win and installed it into my Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P. It would lock up every time i would boot so I switched it to my other PCI slot and it would lock up in BIOS or right after windows. After tweaking the settings and playing with it, I have gotten it to get into windows. This is a new copy of windows on a new hard drive with nothing installed but Google Chrome and the latest drivers for all my stuff. It is stable when doing nothing, but once I start doing anything really the display driver will crash and recover then I will lose internet, and then it will lock up. It will This has happened while downloading a file and watching a youtube video. My computer is detecting the card(s) correctly and all my drivers are up to date.

System Specs:

Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P
EVGA GTX 460 2win
AMD Phenom II x4 ~3.4Ghz
6gb RAM
750 W PSU
Antec 1200 (if it matters)

I have been toying with it since yesterday and have had little luck.
a b U Graphics card
December 26, 2011 7:56:38 PM

If it's crashing with a fresh windows install and no video drivers in, it's probably a hardware problem. That being said, if you have a friends computer that you can try it with that's always a good place to start. If not, I'd probably RMA the card.

Do you have another video card you can use in this new rig to make sure it will boot up?
m
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
December 26, 2011 8:19:02 PM

You just learned a lesson that I my self didn't like. These dual gpu cards tend to be flaky at best sometimes. My advice is just return the card and buy something else. :s
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 26, 2011 9:19:19 PM

Same problem about 3 months ago. Update drives solved my problems where would not be stable in windows for 30 seconds. Download drivers to USB and as quick as possible load them up lol
m
l
December 27, 2011 8:18:59 PM

Well I've been looking around and it seems a lot of people are having issues with cards specifically in the 400-500 range. Same type of issues. I'm thinking that it might be my motherboard since my mobo is made for ATI cards. Any suggestions on a new mobo that works with this card?
m
l
!