GeForce GTX 550 Ti Question?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 26, 2011 4:44:44 PM

Hello,
At the moment my specs are as followed:

Athlon II x4 635
2gb ram
8600gt

Now I plan to to add 2 more gb making it for 4 total. And I also plan to install windows 7 x64. I was wondering though if I get a GeForce GTX 550 Ti for $99. Is it worth it, I heard that Amd and Geforce are both releasing their new line of Graphics card in Q1 of 2012, so will prices for older cards drop and I should wait for that or is it worth to upgrade right now?

As well im a tight budget so I cant offered to really go more expensive.
a b U Graphics card
December 26, 2011 7:54:22 PM

$99 is a good deal for that card. I wouldn't be too worried about the new cards coming out- any price shifting would happen at much higher price points. It would be worth the upgrade. Let us know how it turns out!
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
December 26, 2011 8:03:58 PM

I have owned that card before, it will play many games maxed out at 1080P unless it isn't bf3 crysis etc.
m
l
Related resources
December 26, 2011 10:34:47 PM

Alright guys appreciate the input, I will go ahead and buy it then.
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
December 26, 2011 10:56:18 PM

Hey before you buy it they arn't worth the money you would better off getting something else I have two of them and I run them in sli and they are just not good for anything.

I have to wait untill I save up to buy the 560 tis. But from what you have the 550 is a big step up. They require a Power supply of 400w or better and should be a brand name like Antec Corsair XFX and Seasonic.

I wish I had someone tell me about the GTX 550 ti's because I would have never bought them. Hey anyway you go I wish you good luck on that.

Now it is true about the new cards coming out but the rumor is they are going to be high priced and the now series cards might not go down because of how expencive the new cards are going to be. I hope all helps you a little Good Luck
m
l
!