Fire fear prompts Xbox cable swap

This site will tell you if you need a replacement cord.

http://replacements.webprogram.com/en-gb/programoverview.asp
16 answers Last reply
More about fire fear prompts xbox cable swap

    "ScoopeX" <ugvx.nothanks.@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > This site will tell you if you need a replacement cord.
    >
    > http://replacements.webprogram.com/en-gb/programoverview.asp

    site searching xbox.com has no mention of this, nor does google. yet this
    site is setup to look just like xbox.com. proceed with caution.

    "wd" <wd@none.com> wrote in message news:rh2Rd.12550$4q6.11852@attbi_s01...

    > "ScoopeX" <ugvx.nothanks.@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > This site will tell you if you need a replacement cord.
    > >
    > > http://replacements.webprogram.com/en-gb/programoverview.asp
    > >

    > site searching xbox.com has no mention of this, nor does google. yet this
    > site is setup to look just like xbox.com. proceed with caution.

    I didn't check that particular site, but I did receive an email this morning
    from MS regarding the power cord replacement, so it appears to be legit.

    wd wrote:
    > "ScoopeX" <ugvx.nothanks.@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > This site will tell you if you need a replacement cord.
    > >
    > > http://replacements.webprogram.com/en-gb/programoverview.asp
    > >

    > site searching xbox.com has no mention of this, nor does google. yet
    this
    > site is setup to look just like xbox.com. proceed with caution.

    The domain, replacements.webprogram.com, resolves to an IP address of
    63.95.69.130 and a whois shows that as being a UUNet subnet called
    Harte-Hanks:

    Here's a search of the A records for the domain:

    DNS Lookup: replacements.webprogram.com A record
    Generated by www.DNSstuff.com

    How I am searching:
    Searching for replacements.webprogram.com A record at
    k.root-servers.net [193.0.14.129]: Got referral to d.gtld-servers.net.
    [took 136 ms]
    Searching for replacements.webprogram.com A record at
    d.gtld-servers.net. [192.31.80.30]: Got referral to
    ns2.harte-hanks.com. [took 101 ms]
    Searching for replacements.webprogram.com A record at
    ns2.harte-hanks.com. [63.95.65.2]: Reports replacements.webprogram.com.
    [took 101 ms]

    Answer:

    Domain Type Class TTL Answer
    replacements.webprogram.com. A IN 3600 63.95.69.130
    webprogram.com. NS IN 3600 ns1.harte-hanks.com.
    webprogram.com. NS IN 3600 ns2.harte-hanks.com.
    ns1.harte-hanks.com. A IN 300 63.95.65.1
    ns2.harte-hanks.com. A IN 300 63.95.65.2

    To see the DNS traversal, to make sure that all DNS servers are
    reporting the correct results, you can Click Here.

    Note that these results are obtained in real-time, meaning that these
    are not cached results.
    These results are what DNS resolvers all over the world will see right
    now (unless they have cached information).

    So I went to the website: http://www.harte-hanks.com/

    Harte-Hanks, Inc., San Antonio, TX, is a worldwide, direct and targeted
    marketing company that provides direct marketing services and shopper
    advertising opportunities to a wide range of local, regional, national,
    and international consumer and business-to-business marketers.

    Looks like a scam to me...

    - Jordan

    "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > Harte-Hanks, Inc., San Antonio, TX, is a worldwide, direct and targeted
    > marketing company that provides direct marketing services and shopper
    > advertising opportunities to a wide range of local, regional, national,
    > and international consumer and business-to-business marketers.
    >
    > Looks like a scam to me...

    Could be that MS delegated the recall task.

    "wd" <wd@none.com> wrote in message news:rh2Rd.12550$4q6.11852@attbi_s01...

    > "ScoopeX" <ugvx.nothanks.@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> This site will tell you if you need a replacement cord.
    >>
    >> http://replacements.webprogram.com/en-gb/programoverview.asp
    >>

    > site searching xbox.com has no mention of this, nor does google. yet this
    > site is setup to look just like xbox.com. proceed with caution.

    Oh dear

    You just got owned.

    ScoopeX wrote:

    > Call yourself a hacker ? Get real

    I never called myself a hacker, but I will say I automatically distrust
    anyone who describes their company as:

    "Harte-Hanks, Inc., San Antonio, TX, is a worldwide, direct and
    targeted
    marketing company that >>provides direct marketing services<< and
    >>shopper
    advertising opportunities<< to a wide range of local, regional,
    national,
    and international consumer and business-to-business marketers. "

    Can you blame me?

    > ScoopeX wrote:
    >
    >> Call yourself a hacker ? Get real
    >
    > I never called myself a hacker, but I will say I automatically distrust
    > anyone who describes their company as:
    >
    > "Harte-Hanks, Inc., San Antonio, TX, is a worldwide, direct and
    > targeted
    > marketing company that >>provides direct marketing services<< and
    >>>shopper
    > advertising opportunities<< to a wide range of local, regional,
    > national,
    > and international consumer and business-to-business marketers. "
    >
    > Can you blame me?

    No need to defend yourself. ScoopeX is a bonehead.

    Its linked directly from the MS Xbox site and a number of news reports have
    listed the news today. It is not a scam.

    Jordan wrote:

    > wd wrote:
    > > "ScoopeX" <ugvx.nothanks.@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > This site will tell you if you need a replacement cord.
    > > >
    > > > http://replacements.webprogram.com/en-gb/programoverview.asp
    > > >

    > > site searching xbox.com has no mention of this, nor does google. yet
    > this
    > > site is setup to look just like xbox.com. proceed with caution.
    >
    > The domain, replacements.webprogram.com, resolves to an IP address of
    > 63.95.69.130 and a whois shows that as being a UUNet subnet called
    > Harte-Hanks:
    >
    > Here's a search of the A records for the domain:
    >
    > DNS Lookup: replacements.webprogram.com A record
    > Generated by www.DNSstuff.com
    >
    > How I am searching:
    > Searching for replacements.webprogram.com A record at
    > k.root-servers.net [193.0.14.129]: Got referral to d.gtld-servers.net.
    > [took 136 ms]
    > Searching for replacements.webprogram.com A record at
    > d.gtld-servers.net. [192.31.80.30]: Got referral to
    > ns2.harte-hanks.com. [took 101 ms]
    > Searching for replacements.webprogram.com A record at
    > ns2.harte-hanks.com. [63.95.65.2]: Reports replacements.webprogram.com.
    > [took 101 ms]
    >
    > Answer:
    >
    > Domain Type Class TTL Answer
    > replacements.webprogram.com. A IN 3600 63.95.69.130
    > webprogram.com. NS IN 3600 ns1.harte-hanks.com.
    > webprogram.com. NS IN 3600 ns2.harte-hanks.com.
    > ns1.harte-hanks.com. A IN 300 63.95.65.1
    > ns2.harte-hanks.com. A IN 300 63.95.65.2
    >
    > To see the DNS traversal, to make sure that all DNS servers are
    > reporting the correct results, you can Click Here.
    >
    > Note that these results are obtained in real-time, meaning that these
    > are not cached results.
    > These results are what DNS resolvers all over the world will see right
    > now (unless they have cached information).
    >
    > So I went to the website: http://www.harte-hanks.com/
    >
    > Harte-Hanks, Inc., San Antonio, TX, is a worldwide, direct and targeted
    > marketing company that provides direct marketing services and shopper
    > advertising opportunities to a wide range of local, regional, national,
    > and international consumer and business-to-business marketers.
    >
    > Looks like a scam to me...

    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/default.htm
    has a large white box appearing on the page that links to
    http://replacements.webprogram.com/en-us/index.asp

    "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    [chop]

    >> Looks like a scam to me...

    Call yourself a hacker ? Get real

    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7675/Microsoft-Announces-Power-Cord-Replacement-for-Xbox/

    You just got owned.

    On www.xbox.com uk site. Large white box on the right, product recall.

    "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > Looks like a scam to me...

    What a wasted effort, would have been much easier for you to check the news.

    Beck wrote:

    > "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >
    > > Looks like a scam to me...
    >
    > What a wasted effort, would have been much easier for you to check the news.

    I think it would have been better for MS to have just hosted it within
    their own site instead of having the third party they have handling it
    create a domain specifically for it.

    Yeah, but other people might not know that. :^)

    - Jordan

    > "wd" <wd@none.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "ScoopeX" <ugvx.nothanks.@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> This site will tell you if you need a replacement cord.
    > >>
    > >> http://replacements.webprogram.com/en-gb/programoverview.asp
    > >>

    > > site searching xbox.com has no mention of this, nor does google. yet
    this
    > > site is setup to look just like xbox.com. proceed with caution.
    > >

    > Oh dear

    > You just got owned.

    not a matter of being owned or not, its a matter of being cautious, if you
    cant respect that then your opinion isnt worth me caring about anyway.

    "wd" <wd@none.com> wrote in message news:5J7Rd.13847$tl3.1926@attbi_s02...

    > not a matter of being owned or not, its a matter of being cautious, if you
    > cant respect that then your opinion isnt worth me caring about anyway.

    Oh don't worry, Scoopex rarely has opinions, he is more of a cut 'n' paste
    jobber.

Console Gaming Games Video Cable Xbox Video Games