Address Bar in Windows Explorer

October 1, 2004 3:21:03 PM

Hi. What I'm trying to set up is the ability to navigate
a directory simply by typing information into the address
bar. For example, in Windows Explorer, I should be able
to access a file A:\Data\Central\ by typing into the
address bar, right? Well, the word "address" is on the
bar, but it's not highlighted.

I tried going to Folder options and ensuring that options
are selected like "Show common tasks in folders"- General
Tab, "Display the full path in the address bar"- View
Tab, & "Display the full path in the title bar"- View
Tab. But the address bar is still greyed out or
inaccessible. Any ideas why and how to fix it? I would
greatly appreciate. =)
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 6:28:06 PM

Hi,

Right click the words address bar, and then make sure you don't have a
checkmark next to the option "Lock the Toolbars".

Then you should see a dotted line to the left of the words Address, use your
mouse and try to move the Address bar around to see if you can get it to
show up.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"M" <dualone@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi. What I'm trying to set up is the ability to navigate
> a directory simply by typing information into the address
> bar. For example, in Windows Explorer, I should be able
> to access a file A:\Data\Central\ by typing into the
> address bar, right? Well, the word "address" is on the
> bar, but it's not highlighted.
>
> I tried going to Folder options and ensuring that options
> are selected like "Show common tasks in folders"- General
> Tab, "Display the full path in the address bar"- View
> Tab, & "Display the full path in the title bar"- View
> Tab. But the address bar is still greyed out or
> inaccessible. Any ideas why and how to fix it? I would
> greatly appreciate. =)
October 1, 2004 6:28:07 PM

Thanks Gary! It works now. That was so easy. Thanks again.

!