make my computer faster?

ok, i have dsl, nice and fast internet. i have a anti
virus, keeps my computer virus free, and spyware killer,
that works nice... but my computer STILL RUNS SLOW. i
cant play music and surf the internet at the same time
because my computer will just FREEZE on me. it's really
annoying. i have friends whose computers are lower mghz
than minez and it's faster. mostly what runs slow are
when i open a folder of a program. is there anything i
can do to fix this, WITHOUT buying more ram like i've
been told to do? is there something to delete all my
unused things on my computer. can i do that myself?
someone please help. thanks in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about make computer faster

    In IE: Tools>Internet Options - Delete Temporary Internet Files and
    check Offline Content - Empty the Recycle bin and then run a Defrag.
    --
    Bruce Hagen
    ~IB-CA~

    "rudis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > ok, i have dsl, nice and fast internet. i have a anti
    > virus, keeps my computer virus free, and spyware killer,
    > that works nice... but my computer STILL RUNS SLOW. i
    > cant play music and surf the internet at the same time
    > because my computer will just FREEZE on me. it's really
    > annoying. i have friends whose computers are lower mghz
    > than minez and it's faster. mostly what runs slow are
    > when i open a folder of a program. is there anything i
    > can do to fix this, WITHOUT buying more ram like i've
    > been told to do? is there something to delete all my
    > unused things on my computer. can i do that myself?
    > someone please help. thanks in advance.

    How much RAM do you have?

    Try this:

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "rudis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > ok, i have dsl, nice and fast internet. i have a anti
    > virus, keeps my computer virus free, and spyware killer,
    > that works nice... but my computer STILL RUNS SLOW. i
    > cant play music and surf the internet at the same time
    > because my computer will just FREEZE on me. it's really
    > annoying. i have friends whose computers are lower mghz
    > than minez and it's faster. mostly what runs slow are
    > when i open a folder of a program. is there anything i
    > can do to fix this, WITHOUT buying more ram like i've
    > been told to do? is there something to delete all my
    > unused things on my computer. can i do that myself?
    > someone please help. thanks in advance.

    "rudis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    | ok, i have dsl, nice and fast internet. i have a anti
    | virus, keeps my computer virus free, and spyware killer,
    | that works nice... but my computer STILL RUNS SLOW. i
    | cant play music and surf the internet at the same time
    | because my computer will just FREEZE on me. it's really
    | annoying. i have friends whose computers are lower mghz
    | than minez and it's faster. mostly what runs slow are
    | when i open a folder of a program. is there anything i
    | can do to fix this, WITHOUT buying more ram like i've
    | been told to do? is there something to delete all my
    | unused things on my computer. can i do that myself?
    | someone please help. thanks in advance.

    How many mega bytes of ram are in your PC?

    Shenan, This thread came up when I put in a google search of "make pc
    fast". I didn't think I'd get to anything worthwhile, but I hoped.
    Here you are and I'm very thankful. You are one of the most unselfish
    people in the PC world. Thank you for all this information. I've
    already started cleaning up my PC with SpyBot, et al and I've cut and
    pasted your reply in my own notepad text file so that I can return to
    it now and then during my free time (I make some!) and do what's best
    for a smooth ride at work and home on my PCs. Thank you so much!

    --
    marona

Configuration Computers Customization Internet Windows XP