Nvidia GTX 560 Ti, now or later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irongoose99

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Well, I was going to buy a Nvidia GTX 560 Ti Hawk or Twin Frozr with some of my Christmas money buuut I was wondering if the price would be likely to go down in the next month or 2?

Right now, I have a Nvidia 8800 ultra and it actually plays Skyrim on high setting with antialiasing lowered and lots of graphical and other mods at 30+ FPS and Battlefield 3 on medium setting with 30+ fps... So I'm not really really dying for a new GPU

Another option is to get a new motherboard and/or processor with some of the money. Right now I have AMD Athlon II x4 635 2.9 GHz processor and my motherboard (which I've been told I should replace) is Asus M4A78LT-M. I was thinking of getting an AMD Phenom x6 1100T or AMD Phenom x4 970 processor and/or an AM3+ motherboard. Oh, and I have 6 GB of RAM, should I get another 2 GB RAM stick to fill the empty slot?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this lol I'm new

Solution
The rumor is the prices won't drop because the new cards are priced to high which will make the people buy the older cards and they want people to buy the newer cards.

The GTX 560 Ti's are a nice card. A MOBO (mother board) get either a Z68 or P68. A CPU i5 2500k or go with your first CPU AMD Phenom x6 1100t and your MOBO choice.

Make sure your ram is the same speed and if you can the same brand. Since you are maybe going to run the AMD MOBO and CPU you might look at the HD6950 graphic card which is about the same as the 560 ti. All this is just food for thought and Good luck

DM186

Splendid
The rumor is the prices won't drop because the new cards are priced to high which will make the people buy the older cards and they want people to buy the newer cards.

The GTX 560 Ti's are a nice card. A MOBO (mother board) get either a Z68 or P68. A CPU i5 2500k or go with your first CPU AMD Phenom x6 1100t and your MOBO choice.

Make sure your ram is the same speed and if you can the same brand. Since you are maybe going to run the AMD MOBO and CPU you might look at the HD6950 graphic card which is about the same as the 560 ti. All this is just food for thought and Good luck

Solution

irongoose99

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

Thanks a bunch. I'm going to probably get the 560 Ti and the RAM stick (ya, I have 1333) then eventually get the other stuff... How much do you think I could realistically get if i sell my 8800 ultra, and then my mobo and quad core AMD athlon?

Status
Not open for further replies.