My second display is black/white

darksora269

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
I just set up my second display on my recently built computer. I wanted it to go through HDMi (HDMi on the card) to DVi (DVi on the back. of my monitor, doesn't have an HDMi plug) and it comes out black and white. It was colored earlier, but for some reason it's black and white. I'm running it on my main 6950, since like I said, it doesn't go through HDMi. My main display comes out perfect with HDMi-HDMi.
For some reason I'm not able to access my second 6950, but whatever. It works fine while playing SC2, which I am ATM as I AFK with friends. Using it to control my Zune, but not like that is useful information. I've messed with the Catalyst panal, the windows settings, and it still doesn't work. Messed with the monitor a bit and, well, yeah. Still black and white. It came out with color when I first set it up, then it just decided to go black and white.
Thanks for any help, or further information that I don't know of with dual display.

Solution

kylelee08

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

just got the same problem, dual display..second display is hdmi to hdmi. worked for a long time and just switched to black/white today. color switched back for a moment when i reinstalled the drivers, so it is not a hardware failure.

Solution