Latest Build aka Expensive paperweight

GeordieMagic

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
I've just currently put a system together for my father, this isn't my first PC build either so I've tried pretty much all troubleshooting I can think of. The PC build is as follows -

CPU - Intel i7 3930k
MoBo - MSI X79A-GD65-8D
CPU Cooler - Thermal-take Frio Advanced
Ram - 8GB (2x4gb) Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Case - Cooler-master Cosmos (5 fans)
PSU - Thermal-take Tough Power 1200w
HD - 1TB WD 7200 RPM

Are there any know issues with this sort of PC configuration.

The system seemed to work fine, we did all the stress test we could think of including prime 95 (i think its called) and the system checked out good to go, he played games for a while on it watched loads of films, shutdown the next the pc wouldn't boot windows, so i said to myself boot must have become corrupted re-installed windows. All worked out fine again, and then BAM! system crash and windows wont boot again. Safe to say I've reseated all the hardware, checked to see if it over heating, tried to install windows to another HD (incase of bad sectors on the current HD), removed the GPU and replaced with the old one, I cant test the RAM in another comp as no comps in house support DDR3 and the same for the CPU, or testing the MoBo with another CPU.

Any suggestions? beyond RMAing the computer parts.

I'm currently using my computer to check for bad sectors in his 1TB drive, after that im going to re-format using my PC and then re-install windows in the hope that it will allow me to install windows again.

Its also worth noting we cant for some reason boot from windows CD anymore even though yesterday we could, and the system crashed earlier today while trying to complete a windows installation which obviously lead to windows not being able to boot.

TRENDING THREADS