Status
Not open for further replies.

spledang

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Pretty simple question... does anyone know if using a LCD/LED TV go bad if you use it as a monitor if you like to keep it on alot of the time? I tend to keep my PC on and currently using a 1080p LED TV as a monitor. Its quite nice, but are they long lasting compared to a LCD monitor? Also, now that i have a TV thats 1080p is say blue ray videos compatible? On my old monitor I use to only watch DVD quality stuff because I believe it wasnt compatible with BLU-ray quality stuff. Any help appreciated and thanks in advance.

Solution
I guess my question would be why leave it on? I leave my systems on 24/7, but always turn off the monitor/HDTV when not using it.

As far as Blu-Ray viewing, if your system has a blu-ray player, an HDCP compliant graphics card (most any newer card with HDMI is HDCP Compliant), and the necessary blu-ray software, yes, you can now watch blu-ray content.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
I guess my question would be why leave it on? I leave my systems on 24/7, but always turn off the monitor/HDTV when not using it.

As far as Blu-Ray viewing, if your system has a blu-ray player, an HDCP compliant graphics card (most any newer card with HDMI is HDCP Compliant), and the necessary blu-ray software, yes, you can now watch blu-ray content.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.