I can't install an HP 1102w laserjet on Windows 7, 32bit using install CD.

uomobello

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
I get as far as connecting USB - Windows acknowledges the connection but then never finishes the installation. Downloading and installing a driver from HP site didn't help.

Know that I had originally following HP's instructions and attempted install w/o CD and with the printer USB connected during first installation. This failed same as all subsequent installs.

I'm also running XP mode on this machine but had not started XP at the time of printer install.

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
I ran into same problem a few days ago. The HP download site provides a universal drive for Windows7. I did mine by install it manually instead of using the wizard. Go to add printer, select manual installation.

winoutreach5

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
Hi,

When verifying both software and hardware compatibility for Windows 7 Microsoft does have the Windows 7 Compatibility Center available for your convenience. I have gone ahead and found that the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w is indeed compatible with both Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit.

As it states within the Windows 7 Compatibility site for the HP LaserJet printer, the 32-bit driver download is available from the device manufacturer which can be found here; the 64-bit driver download is also available here.

As another member on this thread pointed out, should you continue to experience trouble with driver installation you may wish to try the following:

• Disconnect the USB printer from the current USB port and reconnect it to a different port
• Manually install the drivers provided directly from HP.

To learn more about manually installing device drivers, Install a USB Device and Update a driver for hardware that isn’t working properly are recommended resources.

Jessica
Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

thuggish

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I have to bump this thread. None of these solutions work for my 1102w. I have W7 64bit. All it ever says is "a printer failed to install."

Why can't they get this right?

And what can I do to get this thing working?

aracyprus

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
the same here. I can't install it. I'm puzzelled. This should be a 30 sec job....