Sign in with
Your question

Four different channels on one PC monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 27, 2011 8:35:04 AM

is there any PCIe 2.0 compatible internal TV tuner card with HDMI input, which can display simultaneously at least four side by side different LIVE TV channels coming out of my Satellite set top box via HDMI output and relay it to my LCD PC monitor which is connected to a graphic card on my motherboard internally.?

More about : channels monitor

a b x TV
a b C Monitor
December 27, 2011 1:01:38 PM

The problem I see is that the set top box is designed to only output one channel at a time.

In order to do what you're wanting to do, you'd either need four set top boxes and multiple HDMI input cards, or a quad-tuner TV Tuner Card to replace your set top box. Then you'd need some sort of software package that can display four different channels on the same system simultaneously.

-Wolf sends
m
l
December 27, 2011 2:43:39 PM

Wolfshadw said:
The problem I see is that the set top box is designed to only output one channel at a time.

In order to do what you're wanting to do, you'd either need four set top boxes and multiple HDMI input cards, or a quad-tuner TV Tuner Card to replace your set top box. Then you'd need some sort of software package that can display four different channels on the same system simultaneously.

-Wolf sends

if i get and install four set top boxes, which will give four HDMI outputs , then what do i need next for my PC?
m
l
Related resources
a b x TV
a b C Monitor
December 27, 2011 3:56:20 PM

I don't know that it will work, but if you got four set top boxes, you might be able to use something like this Hauppauge Colossus card, but you'd also need a motherboard that has four PCI-E slots and I have no idea what type of software you'd need to run to view all four channels simultaneously.

-Wolf sends
m
l
December 28, 2011 6:55:09 AM

Wolfshadw said:
I don't know that it will work, but if you got four set top boxes, you might be able to use something like this Hauppauge Colossus card, but you'd also need a motherboard that has four PCI-E slots and I have no idea what type of software you'd need to run to view all four channels simultaneously.

-Wolf sends

well that seems impossible , since there is only one vacant PCI-E remaining :( 
m
l
!