imtiax

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
My new Build , are these good temps?

A4t0RD.png

imtiax

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo....Well I have firefox running, a few stuff installing (I just formatted). I'll post IDLE temps later on...What exactly do you mean by idle? Computer just sitting there for an hour?

imtiax

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Well what happened was. I put like a blob of thermal paste in the middle of the CPU and screwed on the hyper 212 evo. I figured just let the heat move the thermal paste around. Should get better in a few days.

tekman42

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
If you ever noticed when looking at the stock cpu cooler for either brand...Intel OR Amd...the pre-applied paste pad is ALWAYS is the size of the entire top of the cpu...I always go with spreading a VERY thin layer of Artic Silver 5 over the entire surface of the top of the cpu (I apply a dot of paste about the size of a pea and spread it to all corners then fill in the gaps) that way you get full heat transfer from ALL areas of the cpu...the processors under the top cover are lined up in a row across the width of the cpu...that would account for the higher temps of Cores #3 and #4 if the paste didn't "squish" out evenly and they aren't making good contact through the thermal interface between the bottom of the cpu cooler and the surface of the top of the cpu itself.