Does anyone know how to change the backgrounds of desktop
icons so that they appear the same colour as the desktop?

Regards

Interigator

Interigator wrote:
> Does anyone know how to change the backgrounds of desktop
> icons so that they appear the same colour as the desktop?
>
> Regards
>
> Interigator

First, right click the Desktop and make sure that Arrange icons by/Lock Web
items on desktop is not selected.

Second, Right-click My Computer and select Properties/Advanced Tab, in
Performance select the Settings Button/Visual Effects Tab. Scroll down to
the "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" option and make sure
that it is checked.

This will make the icon label backgrounds transparent.
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP