setting up short cut for D Drive

I have been unable to put a short cut on my desk top that
will run my D drive. I have one for the C drive and for
an add on A drive and went to my computer and right
clicked on the icon and then said create short cut. It
worked for the C and extra A drive, but not for the D
drive. Any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about setting short drive

    Right click on any clear area (not on an icon) and select New
    then Shortcut. In the window that opens, type the path D:\
    click Next, enter a name for it, and click Finish. You should be
    all set then.

    Pop

    "short cuts" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:104601c4a881$ea5df450$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    |I have been unable to put a short cut on my desk top that
    | will run my D drive. I have one for the C drive and for
    | an add on A drive and went to my computer and right
    | clicked on the icon and then said create short cut. It
    | worked for the C and extra A drive, but not for the D
    | drive. Any suggestions?

    "short cuts" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have been unable to put a short cut on my desk top that
    >will run my D drive. I have one for the C drive and for
    >an add on A drive and went to my computer and right
    >clicked on the icon and then said create short cut. It
    >worked for the C and extra A drive, but not for the D
    >drive. Any suggestions?

    Drag the icon for the D drive from the Explorer window onto the
    Desktop. What happens now?

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Customization Microsoft Windows XP