superslacker

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Hello Tom's Forum,

Purchase Date: Ongoing
Budget Range: $3000 or so
Usage: gaming, photography, internet surfing
Parts not required: I need everything, brand new desktop from scratch
Website/Country: I live in China, between Nanjing and Shanghai. All parts will be ordered directly from a local computer dealer. Not really sure where the local dealer gets them from, maybe directly from the factories in southern China.
Parts Preference
CPU: Intel i-7 3930K
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme or Asus P9X79 WS
GPU: GTX 590
Overclocking: Yes
SLI: Yes

Question:
Does anyone have any particular recommendations on case/power supply combos? I figure to get at least a 1200W power supply, but I would like to make sure it all goes together with whatever case I decide to purchase. Also, please do remember that I live in China so I'm not really sure what all is available here for me to get. I need a list to give to the person doing my ordering. It's going to be quite an adventure putting this thing together.

Also, my only big concern is whether the parts I get will be genuine. China is notorious for counterfeit everything here, and computer/electronic components are no exception. If anyone has any advice about which Chinese manufacturers are reliable, particularly when I am buying my video cards, it would be greatly appreciated.

g-unit1111

Titan
$3000 will get you a really killer system. The only bad thing is it won't help to suggest parts without knowing local availability. What's in the US and what's in China will be really different, if there's a major website or store you buy from that would help to suggest parts better.

superslacker

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
After a bit of research, it looks like I can get anything here in China that I can find in the US. The only hitch is that things are 10-20% more expensive here in China. Any suggestions/advice on a case/power supply combo that is easy to put together?

g-unit1111

Titan

Like I said - I'd have to know local availability before I can suggest parts - what's available in the US and what's available in China could be completely different.