Designing new build around i3 2120T

Completely new to building but really excited about this first build (I'm currently scrounging up funds). I'm on a small budget and want to create a gaming rig that will let me play D3 on max settings when that day finally comes. I'm thinkin that with a good mobo I should be able to overclock the 2120T to around 3.4ghz.

I need some input as to a good value mobo for this build. I want to buy the nicest graphics card my processor will handle so if I splurge anywhere i want it to be in the gpu category ( a recomendation would be nice but i think im going with a 6970)

I can find decent fans and coolers but what kind of memory should I be getting? i don't think I'll need ssd i should be good with ddr3 right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about designing build 2120t
  1. Best way is to do the research yourself. Also would be helpful if you post what your budget is rather than "im on a small budget". The 6970 would take up the entirety of a "small budget".
  2. You can't overclock a non-overclockable processor from 2.5 GHz to 3.4 GHz. You probably should buy a 3.3 GHz i3-2120 as that's very close to your 3.4 GHz target. Since you can't overclock the CPU, the stock cooler is fine.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build New Build Systems