Sign in with
Your question

Forum Database oddity

Last response: in Forum Feedback
August 22, 2011 11:46:42 PM

Here is a database oddity I haven't seen before.
Usually, when the 'standard double post' happens the data base stays symmetric - 2 of everything.

But in this case 2 posts in the forum, 2 posts in users account tally and only 1 post found
when searching the user's account "Access to the whole list of his/her messages" option
the database only turned 1 up post. In the past it has been finding both of the double posts.

Just a FYI curiosity.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More about : forum database oddity

August 22, 2011 11:57:58 PM

Interesting.... I haven't seen this before but the duplicate post has been deleted :D 
August 23, 2011 12:18:15 AM

I don't suppose you can un-delete that post - at least till the forum database admin has a chance to look it over?

Usually don't bother you guys with all the dupe's. You'd probably trip your sense of humor overload circuit breaker switch if that happened.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 23, 2011 12:19:48 AM

Just by Evile Chance,
the dupe you deleted happened to be the one showing up in the user's account "Access to the whole list of his/her messages" option
August 23, 2011 12:22:36 AM

Yes.. but it is restored and shows the same effect... No harm no foul!!

This does have to be the first time a Mod was asked undelete a duplicate post :lol: 
August 24, 2011 1:16:54 AM

Once a post is deleted, I don't believe it's possible to 'un-delete' the post. That user is only showing 1 post now.
August 24, 2011 2:49:38 PM

It looks like the un-delete worked. Still two posts in the forum. Only one shows up in the user's account "Access to the whole list of his/her messages" search option. Here the user account it showing on 1 post but 2 are in the forum.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Duplicate posts are usually searchable the user's account "Access to the whole list of his/her messages" search option.

!