Need sound help!

SoupWithSauce

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I have a problem here. What happened was I was listening to music, and the iTunes updater popped up, and I figured I hadn't updated in a while, so I may as well do it now. But after the update, I noticed there was something really wrong with my sound. Whenever I try to play a song from Youtube, I get way too much bass, and not enough treble. And the sound just sounds really fuzzy. Same thing happens whenever I play a game. My first thought was that there was something wrong with my headphones, but when I tried them on my laptop, and on my Xbox, the sound is fine. I also tried using my speakers on my desktop, but I got the same issues. But when I listen to a song on iTunes, I don't get these problems, the sound is perfect, just like it was before the update, it's only on any other application that I get the sound problems. The version I updated to was 10.6.3, are there any known bugs with this version that may have caused this problem? And I also looked around control panel to see if I could adjust the audio settings, but I couldn't find anything. The Realtek HD Audio Manager was no help either.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Strange indeed. Most people, after updating iTunes, have sound issues in iTunes only, but everywhere else the sound is okay.

Maybe re-installing the sound driver may fix it if iTunes has somehow messed with the default settings. If you don't have a driver CD for your PC, you can download the sound driver from the PC manufacturer's website.