External Power Supply

Dupontrocks11

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Hello, my name is Richard and I need some knowledge. Right now, I am in the process of building a home server/ HTPC for my family (mini ITX, i3, 2TB HDD) but the case I'm building it in is my empty PS3 case. My very young brother spilled ALOT of water on it, and fryed everything, so I gutted it and have an empty case. So I thought "How awesome would it be to have a computer in a ps3 case!?" But unfortunately, my case is only big enough to fit a mobo and cpu and RAM, but not a big hunking psu. And considering how accident prone my family is, I don't want to have a big hunkering power supply on the outside either...

So basically I need a laptop PSU cord that has the tiny 200-300 psu on the cable itself, but I am unable to find one. I have found $700 ultra slim external harddrives for servers but I dont think my parents are willing to pay $700 for a movie/minecraft machine.

So, i guess in a round about way of saying it, I was wondering if there was such a thing as an external corded power supply for a home server? Any suggestions would help! Thanks!

b1bekgyawali

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
ps3 case wow...
i have built a one on a xbox 360 case with dell's psu.

as suggested by someone before get a scrapped laptop off ebay and try the psu off those laptops.. not exactly too sure about what and how, i am a Desktop persorn never owned a laptop on my life. let me know how it goes