Best Case Scenario, $700 Gaming Build

clman

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Hey Guys, I am looking for a $500-700 build, the fluctuation will be explained... :)

Approximate Purchase Date: This month(March)

Budget Range: 500-700 before MIR

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Games like ME3, Battlefield and Skyrim

Parts Not Required: I do not need keyboard or mouse

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:Newegg and Amazon

Parts Preferences: by brand or type; Does not Matter

Overclocking:Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: in the future

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050 (22 in. fine with higher-res, but as long as graphics card supports it)

Additional Comments: So.. The reason for Best Case Scenario is because of my OS and other required programs(photoshop, office, etc) If I could find solutions to these That are LEGAL, and do not hinder my gaming(example, no steam on Ubuntu Linux), I will be perfectly fine with that :lol:

Any suggestions to alternative programs will be appreciated :D

Solution
Additional Comments: So.. The reason for Best Case Scenario is because of my OS and other required programs(photoshop, office, etc) If I could find solutions to these That are LEGAL, and do not hinder my gaming(example, no steam on Ubuntu Linux), I will be perfectly fine with that :lol:

The only thing I'd tell you is that you might need to pay the $99 to get a Windows 7 Home Premium OEM license. Not a drop in the bucket but it's definitely better than messing with stuff that isn't legal or using Linux.

Best case scenario with monitor would look something like this:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 - $59.99 ($10.00 MIR)
PSU: Corsair CX600 V2 - $69.99 ($20.00 MIR)
Motherboard: Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 - $129.99...

g-unit1111

Titan

The only thing I'd tell you is that you might need to pay the $99 to get a Windows 7 Home Premium OEM license. Not a drop in the bucket but it's definitely better than messing with stuff that isn't legal or using Linux.

Best case scenario with monitor would look something like this:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 - $59.99 ($10.00 MIR)
PSU: Corsair CX600 V2 - $69.99 ($20.00 MIR)
Motherboard: Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 - $129.99
CPU: 3.3GHz Intel Core i3-2120 - $129.99
RAM: PNY Optima 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1333MHz 1.5V - $39.99
HD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - $84.99
Optical: Samsung 22X DVD Burner - $15.99
Video Card: Power Color AX6790 - $129.99 ($15.00 MIR)
Monitor: Acer S220HQLAbd Black 21.5" 5ms LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor - $119.99

Total: $778.91 - $45.00 MIR = $733.91

Solution

g-unit1111

Titan
I think the build I had gives you more future-proofing potential. If you have upgrades in mind you do not want to skimp on the motherboard - especially by going MATX.

I'd seriously hesitate to recommend that PSU - stick with the Corsair one I recommended - it's a much better brand and has certification and rating, where that one is not rated.

I would not recommend Hitachi HDs either - I know HD prices are ridiculous right now but stick with Western Digital, Samsung or Seagate - you do not want to trust your data to the wrong drive.

clman

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Sure, no problem.

That was just the stuff I found throughout the weeks of searching the internet.
but what about the monitor? Do you think my choice is a better deal?