560 gtx poor performance. Pelase help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jipsifly

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hi, im having performance issues with my 560 gtx sc, 5 minutes after i start up any game my fps will drop constantly till the point where it becomes unplayable. It all started this morning while playing BF3, i changed the graphics settings and resolution and my fps dropped from 60 to 33, so i changad back the settings and i still had the same fps after a while they dropped to 10 fps so i closed the Game and started a new one, it didnt work, so i thought it was the Game and played saints row the third, same result, then i tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but that didnt work, overclocking my cpu but it only helped a bit. What Could be causing the problem? Could it be underpowered? Returning it is not an option. Everything was working fine, it Could max Out everything i threw at it.

My rig is:

Asrock motherboard
1200w agiler PSU
Intel sandy bridge 2310
Evga 560 gtx sc (non ti)
4 gb of ddr3
500 gb hdd

Btw cpu temperatures after 2 hours or so where: 69 idle, 87 full load, and my gpu temperatures where: 20-30 idle and 70 while playing.

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ve/MLV-35909194-fuente-de-poder-1200watxpci-eintelnvidiaati-infapro-_JM

This is my PSU, its in spanish but if you scroll down you can see a chart, idk if it helps.

Thanks for your time i really appreciate it!

Solution
looks like this problem caused by your psu because i don't see 80plus certification on it.try borrowing your friends psu ...of course the one with 80plus certification and have minimum watt required by gtx 560...use it for playing the same game if this fix the problem then you should buy better psu....sorry for bad english

moonshell

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
looks like this problem caused by your psu because i don't see 80plus certification on it.try borrowing your friends psu ...of course the one with 80plus certification and have minimum watt required by gtx 560...use it for playing the same game if this fix the problem then you should buy better psu....sorry for bad english

Solution
your cpu is overheating and probably throttling back, 69 idle 87C load is WAY WAY WAY TOO HIGH for that cpu. It is a very dodgy looking PSU, but I'd have to say that it might not be causing the issue. more likely high cpu temps. Find a way to get the cpu temps down. re-seat the CPU heatsink with new thermal paste and make sure the cpu fan is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.