Good Manual for Nikon D70s?

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 2, 2005 12:45:20 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I recently bought a Nikon D70s Digital camera; the guide book that came with
it is not very good. What is a good manual which can be understood by a new
user? For example, instead of just explaining what every feature is, what
are the optimum settings for each situation and how to take good pictures,
etc. I know this has been posted in the past but, I didn't have the camera
at the time. Thanks for any suggestions.

More about : good manual nikon d70s

Anonymous
June 2, 2005 12:45:21 AM

Sidney Friedman wrote:

> I recently bought a Nikon D70s Digital camera; the guide book that
> came with it is not very good. What is a good manual which can be
> understood by a new user? For example, instead of just explaining
> what every feature is, what are the optimum settings for each
> situation and how to take good pictures, etc. I know this has been
> posted in the past but, I didn't have the camera at the time. Thanks
> for any suggestions.

The "National Geographic Photography Field Guide" is a good all around
reference in a compact format. You can order it from Amazon or similar
online resources. Doesn't address digital very much, but if you can set
the ISO on the camera and understand what is meant by the crop factor,
you'll be well on your way.

Cheers,
Aan.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
June 2, 2005 1:22:53 AM

"Sidney Friedman" <counsel2@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I recently bought a Nikon D70s Digital camera; the guide book that came
with
> it is not very good. What is a good manual which can be understood by a
new
> user? For example, instead of just explaining what every feature is, what
> are the optimum settings for each situation and how to take good pictures,
> etc. I know this has been posted in the past but, I didn't have the
camera
> at the time. Thanks for any suggestions.

The reason is that the manual is not a tutorial on good photography. In
fact very few if any are.

The one for the D70 by Thom Hogan might fit your needs.

Jim
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 1:22:54 AM

"Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Sidney Friedman" <counsel2@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> I recently bought a Nikon D70s Digital camera; the guide book that came
> with
>> it is not very good. What is a good manual which can be understood by a
> new
>> user? For example, instead of just explaining what every feature is,
>> what
>> are the optimum settings for each situation and how to take good
>> pictures,
>> etc. I know this has been posted in the past but, I didn't have the
> camera
>> at the time. Thanks for any suggestions.
>>

> The reason is that the manual is not a tutorial on good photography. In
> fact very few if any are.
>
> The one for the D70 by Thom Hogan might fit your needs.
>
> Jim

There are so few differences in the D70s from the D70, I would have to
second Thom's book. It only comes on CD, but it's much more informative
than the manual, and get's better reviews than most of the other D70 print
books that are out there. www.bythom.com
!