Under $300 build

15 answers Last reply
More about under build
  1. ultra619 said:
    Is this a good build for just web surfing?

That build out will do just fine for web surfing, or home application(word, excel, powerpoint, etc) usage.
  2. Pretty solid. I'd go with that or an E-350 to save costs. We recently bought a Compaq with the C-series chipset (worse than the E-350 - for the G-parents) and it actually runs W7 decently well. Handles general simple tasks very well, and will cost less than your CPU/Mobo combo.
  3. boiler1990 said:
    Pretty solid. I'd go with that or an E-350 to save costs. We recently bought a Compaq with the C-series chipset (worse than the E-350 - for the G-parents) and it actually runs W7 decently well. Handles general simple tasks very well, and will cost less than your CPU/Mobo combo.

I am probably going to get a cheaper mobo since they don't need usb 3.0 and sata 3 because the hdd im going to give them is sata 2.
  4. will i be able to overclock that to 2ghz?
  5. I have no idea. Why would you need to though?
  6. just wondering.
  7. I won't suggest anyone to use E-350 in notebook or desktop .... this cpu is only good in use of netbook...

reference Benchmark for E-350 VS A6-3500 is 726 VS 2937
    your A6-3500 will be almost 400% fastest by just for the CPU in ideal...

But i would say at least you can feel 100% fastest...

for E-350 is even slower than a Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz...

if you think this speed is good for your parents... you can easily to get a used computer from your friend can have this kind of performance...
  8. What about this FX 4100 Bundle, i can use my old 8400GS for the video card

http://www.microcenter.com/specials/promotions/AMDbundlePROMO.html
  9. Be careful with that bundle. Some of the boards require a BIOS flash to recognize the fx series chips.
  10. The asus possibly, depending on what BIOS is shipped with. The gigabyte board does require a flash first.
  11. damn, i don't want to flash the bios, i might mess it up like my last computer.
  12. Why don't you just get this combo ...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.789234

If you worry about the power supply order another power supply still around $300..

and the good thing is the HD price is high you can sell it for $70 for 500GB should not be a issue...

Ohh... missing a DVD Writer... but you can easily add one
  13. very good deal sonexpc, i will purchase that.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build DVD Burner Cases Hard Drives Systems Product