Can someone help, please !!!

Hello- I sent out two questions through the "contact us" link on this site but I doubt very seriously if anyone is reading these questions at all !! What a waste of time ! Anyway, I recently purchased two xbox units and would like them to last as long as possible, trouble free. Does anyone know of a really good website that provides complete and accurate information on how to care for xbox ? Please email me directly at: tvcr9@aol.com. Many, many thanks.

Tony

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:03:01 GMT, "Tony Johnson via XboxJunkies.com"
<forum@XboxJunkies.com> wrote:

>Hello- I sent out two questions through the "contact us" link on this site but I doubt very seriously if anyone is reading these questions at all !! What a waste of time ! Anyway, I recently purchased two xbox units and would like them to last as long as possible, trouble free. Does anyone know of a really good website that provides complete and accurate information on how to care for xbox ? Please email me directly at: tvcr9@aol.com. Many, many thanks.
>
>Tony

The Xbox requires no special care. Treat it like any other game
console.

Keep it as clean and free from dust as you can.
Keep it well ventilated.
Don't drop it
Don't place your beer on top of it, at least not on a regular basis.

jlc

"Tony Johnson via XboxJunkies.com" <forum@XboxJunkies.com> wrote in message
> Hello- I sent out two questions through the "contact us" link on this
> site but I doubt very seriously if anyone is reading these questions at
> all !! What a waste of time ! Anyway, I recently purchased two xbox units
> and would like them to last as long as possible, trouble free. Does
> anyone know of a really good website that provides complete and accurate
> information on how to care for xbox ? Please email me directly at:
> tvcr9@aol.com. Many, many thanks.
>
> Tony
>
> --

I've found that the most important thing I can do to keep my Xbox in good
running order is to NOT throw my controller at it when I get pissed off over
a game. Also try not to drop kick it across the room if you accidentally hit
the eject button while in the middle of a hard level and you haven't been
able to save for hours. Other then that there's not to much you have to
worry about.
JLC

robin

"Jij" <me@here.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:03:01 GMT, "Tony Johnson via
> XboxJunkies.com"
> <forum@XboxJunkies.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello- I sent out two questions through the "contact us"
>>link on this site but I doubt very seriously if anyone is
>>reading these questions at all !! What a waste of time !
>>Anyway, I recently purchased two xbox units and would like
>>them to last as long as possible, trouble free. Does
>>anyone know of a really good website that provides
>>complete and accurate information on how to care for xbox
>>? Please email me directly at: tvcr9@aol.com. Many,
>>many thanks.
>>
>>Tony
>

> The Xbox requires no special care. Treat it like any other
> game
> console.
>
> Keep it as clean and free from dust as you can.
> Keep it well ventilated.
> Don't drop it
> Don't place your beer on top of it, at least not on a
> regular basis.

Make sure all discs are clean when you put them in.

"Tony Johnson via XboxJunkies.com" <forum@XboxJunkies.com> wrote in message
> Hello- I sent out two questions through the "contact us" link on this
> site but I doubt very seriously if anyone is reading these questions at
> all !! What a waste of time ! Anyway, I recently purchased two xbox units
> and would like them to last as long as possible, trouble free. Does
> anyone know of a really good website that provides complete and accurate
> information on how to care for xbox ? Please email me directly at:
> tvcr9@aol.com. Many, many thanks.

Like in a PC, heating up then cooling off of the electronics is one source
of wear. If you just finished playing, but are going to come back and play
some more later that day I'd just leave it on. It's actually worse for it to
heat up, cool down, then heat up again than just to stay on an extra hour or
two.

Overall temperature while in use can be lowered, which will prolong its
life. Do this by putting in a better fan (mine usually never exceeds 45c
even after extended use). Stick in a 12v 80mm PC fan instead of the 70mm 7v
one in the box. Get a speed adjustable one and balance noise vs cooling.
Also you can stick a heatsink on the video chip as well. A "cooling pack"
can be ordered from llamma.com. You'll need to do some slight case
modification to fit the new fan.

Best of all mod it and stick in a big hard drive and run your games from
there. Games will load much much faster, and your DVD drive will not take a
beating and likely never have problems.

- Cryo

claire

"Robin" <robinandtami@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Jij" <me@here.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:03:01 GMT, "Tony Johnson via XboxJunkies.com"
>> <forum@XboxJunkies.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hello- I sent out two questions through the "contact us" link on this
>>>site but I doubt very seriously if anyone is reading these questions at
>>>all !! What a waste of time ! Anyway, I recently purchased two xbox
>>>units and would like them to last as long as possible, trouble free.
>>>Does anyone know of a really good website that provides complete and
>>>accurate information on how to care for xbox ? Please email me directly
>>>at: tvcr9@aol.com. Many, many thanks.
>>>
>>>Tony
>>

>> The Xbox requires no special care. Treat it like any other game
>> console.
>>
>> Keep it as clean and free from dust as you can.
>> Keep it well ventilated.
>> Don't drop it
>> Don't place your beer on top of it, at least not on a regular basis.
>
> Make sure all discs are clean when you put them in.
Especially ex rental discs, make sure any rental labels removed also have
the glue removed, or they "will" get stuck (past experience grr).

Hawk

"Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
> "Tony Johnson via XboxJunkies.com" <forum@XboxJunkies.com> wrote in
message
> > Hello- I sent out two questions through the "contact us" link on this
> > site but I doubt very seriously if anyone is reading these questions at
> > all !! What a waste of time ! Anyway, I recently purchased two xbox
units
> > and would like them to last as long as possible, trouble free. Does
> > anyone know of a really good website that provides complete and accurate
> > information on how to care for xbox ? Please email me directly at:
> > tvcr9@aol.com. Many, many thanks.
> >

> Like in a PC, heating up then cooling off of the electronics is one source
> of wear. If you just finished playing, but are going to come back and play
> some more later that day I'd just leave it on. It's actually worse for it
> heat up, cool down, then heat up again than just to stay on an extra hour
or
> two.
>
> Overall temperature while in use can be lowered, which will prolong its
> life. Do this by putting in a better fan (mine usually never exceeds 45c
> even after extended use). Stick in a 12v 80mm PC fan instead of the 70mm
7v
> one in the box. Get a speed adjustable one and balance noise vs cooling.
> Also you can stick a heatsink on the video chip as well. A "cooling pack"
> can be ordered from llamma.com. You'll need to do some slight case
> modification to fit the new fan.
>
> Best of all mod it and stick in a big hard drive and run your games from
> there. Games will load much much faster, and your DVD drive will not take
> beating and likely never have problems.
>
> - Cryo

I totally agree with cooling it down, and getting it modded with a huge HD.

Hawk