Help with I think Graphics Error

SDMFx5150

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Ok, so, got myself a new gaming setup built about a week or so ago, and as of the last couple days I've been running into problems with it. I notice it most when I'm playing any games, but, it's done this before just surfing online. While playing my screen will go black and then the sound that was playing will just skip and loop for a couple of seconds before the computer restarts itself. I've tried reseating the RAM and the Graphics Card and neither have helped.

Setup is
Asus P6X58D-E Motherboard
Corsair hx1000w Power Supply
nVidia GeForce GTX570
6gb ddr3 1600mhz crucial ballistix
Ocz Vertex 3 sata 60GB SSD
Micro Center 60GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many things can cause this. Power Supply, heat issues, bad RAM, bad CPU, bad video card, just about anything. Need to test things out a bit.

Try running with only a few or even one stick of RAM at a time, see what happens. Run a benchmark to stress the system see what causes it to crash. Prime95 is good to test RAM and CPU as well as any issues with heat with the CPU. 3DMark is good to test the video card.

siddu47

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
Many things can cause this. Power Supply, heat issues, bad RAM, bad CPU, bad video card, just about anything. Need to test things out a bit.

Try running with only a few or even one stick of RAM at a time, see what happens. Run a benchmark to stress the system see what causes it to crash. Prime95 is good to test RAM and CPU as well as any issues with heat with the CPU. 3DMark is good to test the video card.
------------------------------
Recommended Video Cards: http://www.tomshardware.com/review [...] ,3085.html