HP Proliant ML150G6

kondelyford

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Can I upgrade and use the HP Proliant ML150G6 server machine For Heavy Gaming?Right now it has 8gg Ram DDR3 with a Intel Xe-o.
I want to buy a 1gig PC Express Graphics card,which one is the best N-VIDIA or RAD EON.
thanks.

The ML150 G6 is a dual CPU Socket 1366 workstation and you can upgrade it to be decent at gaming. It is not ideal for gaming as games tend to not care about having more than one CPU but they will run fine as long as the CPUs are fast enough. The fastest CPU apparently supported is the E5540, which should give okay enough performance in games with a decent GPU backing it up. You very well may run into issues with the power supply though. The stock power supply on the ML150 G6 is 460 watts (not a lot for a dual CPU system) and apparently does not have any PCI Express GPU power connectors. You will want to use a GPU like the Radeon 7750 that does not draw more than 75 watts so you don't overload the power supply or need a PCI Express power connector that the PSU does not have. Alternatively, you can install a better power supply and get yourself whatever GPU you want. Look at Tom's latest GPU charts for some ideas.

Carlos_40

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016

Dear MU engineer. I got the same issue. I got today one of these machines. first. Can i change the PSU for anormal ATX model just if it has a 8 pin and a 4pin right? the video card is not problem i can check something here. since 1 port is 16x gen 2. so any will do. any ideas of the PSU?