Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Speakers make a "cracking" noise

Last response: in Components
Share
June 14, 2012 2:55:10 PM

OK, here's my problem: I am using my speaker system (panasonic sa-pmx3) on my computer. But when playing music the speakers often make this loud "cracking" noise at certain tones, it also happens in games with gun shooting or explosions. The weird part is that when I unplug it from my computer and I attach it to my mp3 player, the sound is perfect at any volume. So the problem obviously is in my computer. :??: 

Can anyone of you help me with this problem?
Do I need a better sound card (I am now using the default of my motherboard: asus p8p67pro) or are these speakers not meant to be used with a computer?

Any help is appreciated! :) 

Thanks in advance
-McGeezax
June 14, 2012 6:19:07 PM

Can you plug the speakers into your computer and play some music while also turning the plug left and right? This will determine if it is a plug problem or not. If that makes no difference than I would say maybe those speakers aren't able to handle that particular sudden change in tone/volume.

How loud do you turn your speakers up to?
June 14, 2012 6:53:52 PM

Engima said:
Can you plug the speakers into your computer and play some music while also turning the plug left and right? This will determine if it is a plug problem or not. If that makes no difference than I would say maybe those speakers aren't able to handle that particular sudden change in tone/volume.

How loud do you turn your speakers up to?


Hey, thanks for the reply. turning the plug left and right doesn't make a difference. But I'm quite shure that the speakers are able to handle the sudden change in volume, because when I play the same music from my mp3 on the speakers it doesn't do this noise neither when I connect my vita to it and play shooters... I don't turn up the volume of my speakers too loud, lets say it's average.
So could it be the sound card?
Related resources
June 14, 2012 6:58:37 PM

It could be the sound jack that you're plugging into. Do you have another type of speaker/headphones to plug into your computer to test it?
June 14, 2012 7:17:16 PM

Engima said:
It could be the sound jack that you're plugging into. Do you have another type of speaker/headphones to plug into your computer to test it?


Yes, It worked fine with my headphones and the speakers I used before these ones (the old ones are lower quality speakers).
June 14, 2012 7:34:44 PM

If the computer sound jack worked fine for your headphones and old speakers then I suppose it's those Panasonic speakers that can't handle the sounds. You can either choose to ignore it or buy new speakers.
June 14, 2012 8:18:00 PM

Engima said:
If the computer sound jack worked fine for your headphones and old speakers then I suppose it's those Panasonic speakers that can't handle the sounds. You can either choose to ignore it or buy new speakers.


OK thanks :) 
!