Closed Solved

What size case should i get (Mid vs Full Tower)

Any reason to get one or the other
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what size case full tower
  1. basically,
    full tower= biggest mainstream case you will get, often come at a price.
    mid tower= between full tower and mATX, almost always supports ATX motherboards
  2. A full tower would allow for more components and potentially a greater amount of cooling. However, a mid tower is usually plenty for the average person. For instance, this has been a very popular case for years:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042

Unless you have plans to build a system that specifically requires a full tower case, a mid tower option will most likely suffice.
  3. Best answer
    Unless you actually need all the extra drive bays, possible extra fan mounts or interior space to mount stuff like phase-change compressor or custom water loop components, full-tower is not worth the trouble.

With most cables and accessories today designed around mid-tower dimensions, you might run into surprises trying to fit 'standard' accessories in a full tower.
  4. ok thats a good point. any suggestions for a good mid tower case that has great cooling with a bold look/ cool look
  5. Best answer selected by huntx23.
  6. If you want something really unusual in more ways than one with "great airflow", the Antec Skeleton probably fits the bill.

I personally am more of a practical type, I would be more interested in a "silentified" version of Antec's 302.
  7. i like the 302 but my only issue is that it doesnt seem to have the greatest cooling.
  8. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Components Product