Sign in with
Your question
Closed

What size case should i get (Mid vs Full Tower)

Last response: in Components
June 14, 2012 6:49:26 PM

basically,
full tower= biggest mainstream case you will get, often come at a price.
mid tower= between full tower and mATX, almost always supports ATX motherboards

Score
June 14, 2012 6:59:13 PM

A full tower would allow for more components and potentially a greater amount of cooling. However, a mid tower is usually plenty for the average person. For instance, this has been a very popular case for years:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Unless you have plans to build a system that specifically requires a full tower case, a mid tower option will most likely suffice.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
June 14, 2012 7:06:49 PM

Unless you actually need all the extra drive bays, possible extra fan mounts or interior space to mount stuff like phase-change compressor or custom water loop components, full-tower is not worth the trouble.

With most cables and accessories today designed around mid-tower dimensions, you might run into surprises trying to fit 'standard' accessories in a full tower.
June 14, 2012 7:57:18 PM

ok thats a good point. any suggestions for a good mid tower case that has great cooling with a bold look/ cool look
Score
June 14, 2012 7:57:21 PM

Best answer selected by huntx23.
Score
a b ) Power supply
June 14, 2012 8:47:36 PM

If you want something really unusual in more ways than one with "great airflow", the Antec Skeleton probably fits the bill.

I personally am more of a practical type, I would be more interested in a "silentified" version of Antec's 302.
Score
June 14, 2012 9:44:18 PM

i like the 302 but my only issue is that it doesnt seem to have the greatest cooling.
Score
a b ) Power supply
June 14, 2012 10:26:18 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!