http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond2x/

PS: Let's keep the, er, noise down...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
6 answers Last reply
More about nikon review

    >Alan wrote ...
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/review­s/nikond2x/
    >
    >PS: Let's keep the, er, noise down...

    For this tight a pixel pitch I thought they did a great job of keeping
    the noise down (and I use Canon :) ...
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond2x/page21.asp

    Would be interesting to compare noise on this body to noise on the Oly
    E-300 since they have similar pixel pitches.

    Also interesting to note that if Nikon (or anyone else) could keep this
    same pixel pitch at similar or better noise levels in a full frame body
    they'd end up with about 28 Mpixels. Cool.

    Bill

    "Bill Hilton" <bhilton665@aol.com> wrote:

    >>Alan wrote ...
    >>
    >> http://www.dpreview.com/review­s/nikond2x/
    >>
    >>PS: Let's keep the, er, noise down...
    >
    > For this tight a pixel pitch I thought they did a great job of keeping
    > the noise down (and I use Canon :) ...
    > http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond2x/page21.asp
    >
    > Would be interesting to compare noise on this body to noise on the Oly
    > E-300 since they have similar pixel pitches.
    >
    > Also interesting to note that if Nikon (or anyone else) could keep this
    > same pixel pitch at similar or better noise levels in a full frame body
    > they'd end up with about 28 Mpixels. Cool.
    >
    > Bill

    Full frame is the #127 film of the future.

    Now that's frustrating to read now a "new" review of a camera that has been
    announced almost one year ago. dpreview was once rather quick in bringing
    out reviews. Now, there's nothing in this review, which is a surprise.

    Why is this reviewer anyway stepping unnecessarily on the D2H? He still does
    not understand the subtle difference between CMOS and CCD image sensors. He
    should try to use this brick for IR photography.

    Gregor

    In article <qRune.1292$wy1.153@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    GTO <gregor_o@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
    >Now that's frustrating to read now a "new" review of a camera that has been
    >announced almost one year ago. dpreview was once rather quick in bringing
    >out reviews. Now, there's nothing in this review, which is a surprise.
    >
    >Why is this reviewer anyway stepping unnecessarily on the D2H? He still does
    >not understand the subtle difference between CMOS and CCD image sensors. He
    >should try to use this brick for IR photography.

    Did you try the D2X without the IR filter? It is bit silly to complain about
    the sensor's lack of IR sensitivity when there is an IR-filter in the
    light path to prevent the sensor from responding to that kind of light.

    How do you turn off the IR filter in the D2x?

    In article <mqGne.12$Er.2@fed1read02>, Newsgroups <Newsgroups@aol.com> wrote:
    >How do you turn off the IR filter in the D2x?

    You open up the camera, disassemble the sensor, remove/replace the IR
    filter. And hopefully, the whole thing works again.

    Using a camera like the D2X for IR photography is like using an ax to drive
    a nail in the wall. It may work, but it is not really the right tool for the
    job.

Nikon Photo Cameras