2nd Attempt to Create a System

Ingvvy

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
I already submitted a post about this later in 2011, but I want to start over and make a new build now. And maybe some new better stuff has appeared on the market in the mean time.

Approximate Purchase Date: Later this year (EDIT--- This means: September-December this year)

Budget Range: Closely around $1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, internet, other entertainment

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers. I'd preferrably add Windows 7 Home Premium to the list, but I can do without.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon. That's what I already have, and I would prefer to keep this, but I'm worried about the total price, so if you have better ideas it's fine (I want to keep the GPU & CPU though):

GPU = nvidia geforce gtx 560 ti --- $240

CPU = intel i5 2500k --- $240

RAM = Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) --- $60

OS (optional) = Windows 7 Home Premium --- $200

Total so far --- $765

Parts Preferences: Nvidia card, ASUS/Gigabyte motherboard, Intel CPU... - all the well-trusted and known makers

Overclocking: Probably not

Monitor Resolution: A decent widescreen resolution; later might switch to multi-screen

Additional Comments: I'd prefer a case with lights and a window - personal eye-candy reasons

larkspur

Distinguished

Can you be more specific? A LOT is about to change. Kepler, Ivy Bridge, etc. It actually sounds like Ivy is being pushed back too. Recommendations now aren't going to be relevant for very long so be more specific about purchase date.

ali2837

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012

if you are paying£200 for os you are being fleeced
for mobo i recommend z68 ap d3
case antec 300
cpu cooler - coolermaster hyper 212+
any dvd drive
at least 7200rpm hdd and/or ssd
reliable brand 650w psu
are you planning to ever sli/xfire?
also if your not overclocking, just get the i5 2400 and no cooler, but you should really overclock if you can