Will Quadro 1000M Run Battlefield 3?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Battlefield
  • Quadro
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 28, 2011 2:22:07 AM

I currently have a laptop with a Core i7, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit and a Quadro 1000M. Will this be able to run battlefield 3? If not, how much would I need to spend on an upgrade to make it work?

More about : quadro 1000m run battlefield

December 28, 2011 2:43:42 AM

It'll probably run it on low settings. If it doesn't then there isn't much you can do about it, you can't just upgrade laptop graphics cards like you can on a desktop.
m
l
a c 254 U Graphics card
December 28, 2011 2:45:34 AM

Upgrading a laptop is very hard , the components are scarce and it's not like a desktop were you have an abundence of components to choose from. Is the Quartro 1000m an intergrated chip or a discrete card in a slot. Unfortunatly I have not seen a benchmark run with w Quartro 1000m for BF3 so there is no way to know if it will run the game without buying it and trying it out. What brand is the laptop and do they have upgrade options on the web site. If it was a discrete card and you could remove it then you could look for a video card to replace it. You are also very limited by the power supply as to what will work and very few options for upgrade.
m
l
Related resources
December 28, 2011 2:53:00 AM

It is a Lenovo ThinkPad and the card is discrete. I can't find any upgrade options and I'm not sure what the power supply is.
m
l
December 28, 2011 2:56:50 AM

Yeah there is no way your running battlefield on a discrete graphics card in a laptop.
m
l
December 28, 2011 3:05:01 AM

But is there anyway I can upgrade?
m
l
a c 254 U Graphics card
December 28, 2011 3:31:03 AM

If the discrete card is pluged into a slot on your laptop you can take it out and put another in but you have to go to the web site of the laptop to see if there are options and recomendations of cards there that can be put into that laptop. I would give the tech support a call because they can tell you outright what you can and can't do with that laptop.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 28, 2011 3:45:45 AM

If it's a prebuilt system from a large company there is almost no chance of having an upgradeable gpu. They are soldered in to reduce costs.
m
l
!