Installing graphics card in a laptop

ThatMan

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
I receved a new HP Probook 4530s and it is a great computer but, it has the intel hd graphics. I was reading on the internet and saw that HP sold a model that has a AMD Radeon HD 6490M dedecated graphics card in it. Is there any way that if i could get a AMD Radeon HD 6490M graphics card could install it to my computer???

Only if there are pci-e slots in the laptop , you would have to look at the bottom and see if there are any removable pannels that would reveal a place for the slots. You could also call the HP tech support and ask them what your options are , you would have better luck doing that then waiting for answers to your post that may or may not be accurate.

You can maybe ask HP technician if he can install GPU and install them for you, otherwise it's very hard and maybe even impossible. If you wan't to check you can open up your laptop and check if there is a PCI-E slot there, if yes then you can put it. But still it's better to ask the HP technician instead to get an exact answer.

Good luck and have a good day :)

TRENDING THREADS