Strongest Wifi Adapter?

sag0

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
I'm looking for a strong wifi adapter, $100 tops for it. Antannas or anything.

So far I've seen Wi-Fire which some say its good but others say its okay good if you have a worse one to begin with. I'm using Acer Laptop need a stronger connection and more sources

Also looked at Hawked technologies also not good.

Last and for all UAWIFI UA3, I googled the hell out of this and its always the same after the same. No scam accusations yet to reviews. Only the same person going to thread to thread convincing its good...I wouldn't doubt that he will come here and try. Can anyone recommend anything good? Let me know the distance too

sag0

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Those don't have long distances. Probably up to 100ft, big antannas or cannanntana or what ever...no knowledge in that and I googled all over can't seem to find a good one.

By the way I looked there already, ncix and many other websites.

skaz

Distinguished
I have an alfa awus036h and its pretty powerful. With the right OS (or program I assume) you can increase the power the device uses. And if you mix that with a cantenna you can stretch connections extremely far.

I've since retired the device for smaller built in options.

sag0

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Okay great, I just bought it. Oh man so many places have fakes like Amazon.

So I ordered from Data-Alliance. $50.20CAN including shipping, they already have Canadian stock in my province so even faster delivery expected.

http://www.data-alliance.net/-strse-158/Alfa-AWUS036NH-2000mW-1000mW/Detail.bok

I hope I got a good one :)

Even the imitators are supposedly good, I rather have it legit and better quality.

Edit: How powerful is it? I have access to 10-15 wifi out of that 4 are unsecured, so having this will get me 30 or so?

ugod987

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
have a worse one to begin with. I'm using Acer Laptop need a stronger connection and more sources

Also looked at Hawked technologies also not good.

Last and for all UAWIFI UA3, I googled the hell out of this and its always the same after the same. No scam accusations yet to reviews. Only the same person going to thread to thread convincing its good...I wouldn't doubt that he will come here and try. Can anyone recommend anything good? Let me know the distance too[/quotemsg]
Alpha usb adapter 1000w or 2000w any model.

ugod987

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012

ugod987

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Also experiment with various external antennas. Believe it or not one of my best is a homemade coffee can antenna which increased its range dramically. 1000 watt is sometimes better sensitivity and easier on batter life but lacks the N band however it still can receive it but not take advantage of Nband strength.

What purpose is there to posting on this old thread so often.

The device you are talking about is very old and so far they do not have anything new on the market and they have dropped their dual band.

This company is known for intentionally misleading people on their transmit power. They are quoting effective output power that include the antenna. The unit itself does not transmit any more power than any other on the market. If you put the same antenna on any other adapter you get the same output power. If they actually did put out more power they would be illegal to import and use.

The key reason many people including myself liked these units was they could be put into promiscuous mode and you could easily mount them to commercial direction antenna with a adapter. promiscuous mode is not a big deal anymore so there are many on the market you can use.

Don't believe advertising hype