Change "OWNER" to my name under Documents and Settings

October 2, 2004 4:08:13 PM

On the C: Drive, How can I rename the owner folder to my
name without reinstalling Windows? I'm speaking of
C:\documents & settings\Owner; I want it to be in my
name like it was before I upgraded my computer and
reinstalled windows xp. Thanks for the help!

Rick

More about : change owner documents settings

Anonymous
October 2, 2004 5:19:34 PM

Rick;
The easiest way is to create a new account then copy the data from the
old to new account:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151
Once you are sure the new account is OK, the old account can be safely
deleted from User Accounts in Control Panel.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Rick" <rickola9377@excite.com> wrote in message
> On the C: Drive, How can I rename the owner folder to my
> name without reinstalling Windows? I'm speaking of
> C:\documents & settings\Owner; I want it to be in my
> name like it was before I upgraded my computer and
> reinstalled windows xp. Thanks for the help!
>
> Rick
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 5:48:20 PM

I got mine to change in Control Panel, User Accounts, Computer
Administrator, Change User Name

But - it only changed "My Documents" to "Courtney's Documents" in "My
Computer"
and in
C:\documents & settings\Default User

------
C:\documents & settings\Owner still says "My Documents"

Courtney

> "Rick" <rickola9377@excite.com> wrote in message
> > On the C: Drive, How can I rename the owner folder to my
> > name without reinstalling Windows? I'm speaking of
> > C:\documents & settings\Owner; I want it to be in my
> > name like it was before I upgraded my computer and
> > reinstalled windows xp. Thanks for the help!
> >
> > Rick

October 3, 2004 5:01:13 PM

That was easy enough! I was thinking that I had tried
something like that in the past and it didn't work, but I
guess I was mistaken because it works fine. Thanks for
the tip.

!