Installing Graphics Card - Help DX4831

I plugged my new "GeForce 430" into my "Gateway DX4831". Without the card the computer loads. With the card attached the screen stays black and does not recognize the card I guess. I hear it load up fans spinning just no visual on my monitor. I tried to look for a way to "disable the onboard graphics card". I can't find it. I checked "Device Manager" I dont see "Display Adapters." In BIOS I don't know what to change if it's there. I didn't see anything labeled PCI or Video. I have read through what I could on google. This site keep coming up 7/10 searchs. After reading what I could I still cant figure it out.

Someone get me going in the right direction. I don't want to pay geek squad to do this. Here are some screen shots+photos if it helps.
http://s1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc417/Shadowbinder/Computer/?albumview=slideshow

Manufacture Gateway
Model: DX4831
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530@ 2.93GHz 2.93GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) 6.00GB (5.87 GB usable)
System Type 64-bit Operating System
3 answers Last reply
More about installing graphics card dx4831
  1. Make sure you plug the card correctly and put the cable from your monitor to the card (Not the Motherboard).
  2. I got it. I read a solution somewhere that made me think I wouldn't get a picture. I was so angry, I couldn't see it. Just need to move hdmi cord from old slot to new slot. The computer disable the onboard automaticly when the Graphic Card was placed. I swear 5hours of this and I just had a Face Palm moment. Just needed to sit back and look at what I was doing.
  3. :lol:

But just have a good day with your new GPU installed (and it's working of course) :).
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics Cards Graphics