Sam

Using Windows XP Pro. I've tried both the classic view and the Windows XP
views. Outlook Express is maximized in both the "Maximum" setting and the
"Restore Down" setting. In neither setting am I able to place the mouse
pointer high or low enough to resize the window. I can't even get to the
left and right edges. I'm using a 19 inch flatscreen from Dell. Where can
you adjust the sizes of open windows? There must be some sort or INI file
someplace that will allow the change..

Sam

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 13:07:49 -0700, Sam wrote:

> Using Windows XP Pro. I've tried both the classic view and the Windows XP
> views. Outlook Express is maximized in both the "Maximum" setting and the
> "Restore Down" setting. In neither setting am I able to place the mouse
> pointer high or low enough to resize the window. I can't even get to the
> left and right edges. I'm using a 19 inch flatscreen from Dell. Where can
> you adjust the sizes of open windows? There must be some sort or INI file
> someplace that will allow the change..
>
> Sam

When in the Restore down state, you should be able to resize with the
mouse. If unable to reach the edges of the window to do so, you could:

- Grab the title bar of the app to move it around the desktop, making the
edges of the window more accessible for resizing.

- Alternatively, you could right click on the taskbar menu for OE or use
the system shortcut (icon in upper right hand corner) and select Size. This
turns control over to the keyboard for adjusting the window size. Takes a
little practice to do but may work where the mouse if failing to do the
job.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Sam

Sharon,

I tried all that, but I cannot move the Outlook Express active window.
Using the right click option, the "size" option is grayed out..

Any other suggestions?

Sam
> On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 13:07:49 -0700, Sam wrote:
>
> > Using Windows XP Pro. I've tried both the classic view and the Windows
XP
> > views. Outlook Express is maximized in both the "Maximum" setting and
the
> > "Restore Down" setting. In neither setting am I able to place the mouse
> > pointer high or low enough to resize the window. I can't even get to
the
> > left and right edges. I'm using a 19 inch flatscreen from Dell. Where
can
> > you adjust the sizes of open windows? There must be some sort or INI
file
> > someplace that will allow the change..
> >
> > Sam
>
> When in the Restore down state, you should be able to resize with the
> mouse. If unable to reach the edges of the window to do so, you could:
>
> - Grab the title bar of the app to move it around the desktop, making the
> edges of the window more accessible for resizing.
>
> - Alternatively, you could right click on the taskbar menu for OE or use
> the system shortcut (icon in upper right hand corner) and select Size.
This
> turns control over to the keyboard for adjusting the window size. Takes a
> little practice to do but may work where the mouse if failing to do the
> job.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

I'm not sure from your description - can you see the top just not the left
and right ? If so, double click on the top bar will make it minimize

Courtney

"Sam" <Sam@NoSpam.com> wrote:

> I tried all that, but I cannot move the Outlook Express active window.
> Using the right click option, the "size" option is grayed out..
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Sam

Sam

I can make it minimize, but I cannot adjust the window size except for
Minimize and Maximize although there is a "Restore Down" tab showing up in
the upper right hand corner.

Double clicking the top bar changes nothing as far as size is concerned.

Sam

"Courtney Tompkins" <springboks@cox.net> wrote in message
> I'm not sure from your description - can you see the top just not the left
> and right ? If so, double click on the top bar will make it minimize
>
> Courtney
>
> "Sam" <Sam@NoSpam.com> wrote:
> >
> > I tried all that, but I cannot move the Outlook Express active window.
> > Using the right click option, the "size" option is grayed out..
> >
> > Any other suggestions?
> >
> > Sam

Sam

Cancel. I was trying to adjust the size while it was maximized. Yeah, I'm
stupid!

Thanks for your responses, however.

Sam

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 14:34:52 -0700, Sam wrote:

> Cancel. I was trying to adjust the size while it was maximized. Yeah, I'm
> stupid!
>
> Thanks for your responses, however.

No problem, Sam. When the window is using the same dimensions for Maximize
and Restore Down display, it's hard to tell which window state you're
working with. Glad to hear that you have this fixed now.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User