envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

Describe in detail what happens, like do the lights come on? Fans spin? Monitor come on? Can you get to BIOS?
Without a beep ....sounds like the motherboard could be fried. make sure all the connections from the PSU are firmly attached and the PSU switch on back is set to ON.....Ive seen that as the issue a few times. Is the motherboard/CPU/RAM firmly socketed/placed ?

corx05

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

The fans and lights all come on including the cpu and motherboard led lights. Also i am not able to get to bios, i have secured everything from the psu and the switch on the back is on. I thought it could be the motherboard as well, but took it back and brought a new one and had the same problem.

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

Hrmm wish I could see it first hand and start trouble shooting. Ok so that means everything is connected. You have all the gold screws for your motherboard to be mounted installed? Believe it or not my first build I screwed the motherboard directly into the tower ......This shorts the motherboard I learned.

Ok if they are next step would be video card.... have it installed properly..IE seated and all the power cables securely fastened? With most GPU's make sure the connectors click in.

Next step would be how is the computer hooked up to the monitor? Faulty DVI cables were to blame when this happened on my cousins build ...they were brand new too. Try different cables if you have them. Normally if its the motherboard/vid card the fans will spin at their highest rpm.

Let me know ....I want to see if we can find the problem. Also even though there is no beeping and or anything on the monitor, look at the HDD light on the tower is this blinking? This will tell you that BIOs is running and its checking for the HD, or can you at least hear it spin when you turn it on? I am trying to think of everything because I can see it .

corx05

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
I mounted the mother board onto the gold screws so i know thats not the problem. Also i took out my graphics card (since theres no on board vga port) and placed it in my other computer and it worked fine. The hdd doesnt have a led light on the tower but i can hear it spinning when i turn my computer on....

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

Try a different cable to plug the card in...or even different monitor. I see what you mean this would be a hard/annoying problem. Its going to be time consuming, youll have to swap out every part one at a time. Ug ...I hate it when that happens but sometimes it does. Just keep at it and I will try and think of what else it may be.

corx05

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

Both the 24 and the 4 pin power sources are plugged and secured to the mother board...

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

Ug without seeing it in front of me its hard to try and diagnose. Have you tried different output video options? Try the VGA, Then DVI or HDMI if available?

corx05

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

Yes and i even tried hooking it up to my hd tv but nothing is working :(