Old TV to hook to an XBox

Last response: in Video Games
February 20, 2005 5:34:33 PM

My son has an old TV that has no RCA in the back of it. Is there a way to
hookup his Xbox to it?

Thanks, Lynne

More about : hook xbox

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 12:49:32 AM

"Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> My son has an old TV that has no RCA in the back of it. Is there a way to
> hookup his Xbox to it?
>
> Thanks, Lynne

I believe I've seen a coaxial cable for the Xbox. I'm not sure. You could
also go the VCR-route. Connect a VCR to his TV and connect the Xbox to the
VCR.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 12:49:33 AM

We don't own a VCR, just a DVD so we went out and bought a new 20" Flat
Screen TV which has the components :)

Thanks

"Green Shampoo" <Frog_tongue@webtv.net> wrote in message

> "Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> My son has an old TV that has no RCA in the back of it. Is there a way to
>> hookup his Xbox to it?
>>
>> Thanks, Lynne
>>
> I believe I've seen a coaxial cable for the Xbox. I'm not sure. You could
> also go the VCR-route. Connect a VCR to his TV and connect the Xbox to the
> VCR.

February 21, 2005 4:52:55 PM

Go to your local electronics store and buy an RF modulator. Most
places carry them, make sure that it's powered (has a power cord)... if
you end up with a system selector that can work also, but again make
sure that it's powered.
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 7:25:00 PM

With the drop in prices for analog sets, for about the price of 3
games, just get a 20-27 inch set with the S-Video jacks.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 5:00:28 AM

Lynne's News <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> My son has an old TV that has no RCA in the back of it. Is there a way to
> hookup his Xbox to it?

Well, you've already bought a new set, but if there're others out there in
the same situation, you can get a RF cable for your XBox, or you can get a
RF convertor, which lets you plug in a composite video cable set, and
converts it to RF-coax for older TVs.

Either solution will work, and is fairly cheap.

Buying a new TV that has newer connectors will certainly give you a better
picture, but is obviously a bit more pricey ;)
February 27, 2005 8:49:00 AM

Yes, here are the steps
(1) Get some superglue and glue the power cords together.
(2) Strap the X-Box to his back using bungee cords
(3) Plug in the TV and the X-box
(4) Turn TV to channel 3
(5) Enjoy

!