Old TV to hook to an XBox

My son has an old TV that has no RCA in the back of it. Is there a way to
hookup his Xbox to it?

Thanks, Lynne
6 answers Last reply
More about hook xbox

    "Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > My son has an old TV that has no RCA in the back of it. Is there a way to
    > hookup his Xbox to it?
    >
    > Thanks, Lynne

    I believe I've seen a coaxial cable for the Xbox. I'm not sure. You could
    also go the VCR-route. Connect a VCR to his TV and connect the Xbox to the
    VCR.

    We don't own a VCR, just a DVD so we went out and bought a new 20" Flat
    Screen TV which has the components :)

    Thanks

    "Green Shampoo" <Frog_tongue@webtv.net> wrote in message

    > "Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> My son has an old TV that has no RCA in the back of it. Is there a way to
    >> hookup his Xbox to it?
    >>
    >> Thanks, Lynne
    >>
    > I believe I've seen a coaxial cable for the Xbox. I'm not sure. You could
    > also go the VCR-route. Connect a VCR to his TV and connect the Xbox to the
    > VCR.

    Go to your local electronics store and buy an RF modulator. Most
    places carry them, make sure that it's powered (has a power cord)... if
    you end up with a system selector that can work also, but again make
    sure that it's powered.

    With the drop in prices for analog sets, for about the price of 3
    games, just get a 20-27 inch set with the S-Video jacks.

    Lynne's News <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    > My son has an old TV that has no RCA in the back of it. Is there a way to
    > hookup his Xbox to it?

    Well, you've already bought a new set, but if there're others out there in
    the same situation, you can get a RF cable for your XBox, or you can get a
    RF convertor, which lets you plug in a composite video cable set, and
    converts it to RF-coax for older TVs.

    Either solution will work, and is fairly cheap.

    Buying a new TV that has newer connectors will certainly give you a better
    picture, but is obviously a bit more pricey ;)

    Yes, here are the steps
    (1) Get some superglue and glue the power cords together.
    (2) Strap the X-Box to his back using bungee cords
    (3) Plug in the TV and the X-box
    (4) Turn TV to channel 3
    (5) Enjoy

    "Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > My son has an old TV that has no RCA in the back of it. Is there a way to
    > hookup his Xbox to it?
    >
    > Thanks, Lynne

Console Gaming TV Games Video Xbox Video Games