Canon Digital Rebel 6.3MP Camera with Lens Newbie question

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
June 1, 2005 10:51:59 PM

I would like to upgrade to this camera from a regulaur digital.I was
just wondering if this type of camera with the zoom lense 18mm/55mm can
be upgraded to 100mm to 300 mm zoom lense.If so what kind of price
would I be looking at?Any help would be great.I was always interested
in photography and want to buy the right camera.
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 5:55:13 AM

http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Cat...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBa...

--
Haiku
http://www.toyomasu.com/haiku/

> I would like to upgrade to this camera from a regulaur digital.I was
> just wondering if this type of camera with the zoom lense 18mm/55mm can
> be upgraded to 100mm to 300 mm zoom lense.If so what kind of price
> would I be looking at?Any help would be great.I was always interested
> in photography and want to buy the right camera.

You can buy the camera as body only. The digital Rebel has a 1.6 focal
length multiplier which means you multiply the lens focal length by 1.6 to
get the effective FL on the dRebel. 100mm becomes 160mm. 300mm becomes
480. The kit lens only add's around $100 to the price, and I suspect you'd
want a wider lens than 160mm from time to time. I'd suggest buying the kit
with lens included and then buy one of the 200mm zooms.

--
Mark

Photos, Ideas & Opinions
http://www.marklauter.com
June 2, 2005 9:45:54 PM

dc wrote:

> I would like to upgrade to this camera from a regulaur digital.I was
> just wondering if this type of camera with the zoom lense 18mm/55mm can
> be upgraded to 100mm to 300 mm zoom lense.If so what kind of price
> would I be looking at?Any help would be great.I was always interested
> in photography and want to buy the right camera.

Yes, it can. The 300/350D is a fully-fledged reflex camera, and it will
take all of Canon's EOS lenses.

Colin
March 31, 2013 9:53:07 PM

DC said:
Hello,this is Wendy ,we are the biggest camera accessories supply in Guangzhou with high quality and competive price.This is our website with our products http://jkysm.preview.alibaba.com/contactinfo.html
If you wanna any serve,please contact me via email or Alibaba.
Thanks and best regards.

!