First time build, Will this work?

First time putting together a desktop, or any system for that matter, so I was checking to see if all these parts are compatible. I want it to be a gaming set-up, nothing fancy just enough to run MMOs and such smooth at Med/High graphics. For the components I don't have listed I plan to gut my current comp which has some upgrades and stick it into my new one, as well as using my case. As I said this is my first foray into building anything like this, so if I completely screwed up feel free to let me know. Thanks in advanced for any advice or help.

Motherboard: Intel Desktop Board DG45ID

CPU: Intel Pentium E6600 3.06 GHz Processor

RAM: 2 x Kingston PC2-5300 (333MHz) 2MB

Hard Drive: Intel® SSD X25-M Series (80GB, 2.5in SATA 3Gb/s, 34nm, MLC)

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850

Edit:

One thing I forgot, I plan on switching to a brand new SSD and I'm not transferring any of my current HD to it. What will I need to do for this? Will I need to purchase a new OS or anything like that? Thanks Again.
2 answers Last reply
More about first time build work
  1. How much money you spending and that computer will not work... Why you buying old stuff because those computer stuff are baically crap.... Dont buy a SSD if your in a budget... If you give me your budget, i can help you out...
  2. legendkiller said:
    How much money you spending and that computer will not work... Why you buying old stuff because those computer stuff are baically crap.... Dont buy a SSD if your in a budget... If you give me your budget, i can help you out...

Yeah I'd like to know as well - that hardware is like several years old all around.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems