Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought myself three 23" 1080p Samsung monitors to have a go with Eyefinity. So far it's alright, but I really hate what it does to Windows. Since Windows sees it as one huge monitor, you end up with your Start button way to the left and the clock/icon tray way on the right. On top of that it kind of messes up the snap features.

Is there any way to make Eyefinity act like extended desktops in Windows, but still work as a single large display in games?

Besides this issue, it's been really cool so far. Played a couple hours of BF3 last night, though I had to drop the settings from Ultra to Medium. Still have some tweaking to do.

Solution
From the 7970 review: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7970-benchmark-tahiti-gcn,3104-4.html
Finally, some notes about upcoming features planned for the Catalyst Control Center driver. AMD says that, in February 2012, the 12.2 driver will offer custom desktop resolutions, a feature it says that Eyefinity users asked for since day one. Other enhancements include preset manager improvements and the ability to drop the Windows taskbar on a preferred display in a multi-monitor environment.

Should just mean a little wait, and you'll have your wish. ;)

SinisterSalad

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
From the 7970 review: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7970-benchmark-tahiti-gcn,3104-4.html
Finally, some notes about upcoming features planned for the Catalyst Control Center driver. AMD says that, in February 2012, the 12.2 driver will offer custom desktop resolutions, a feature it says that Eyefinity users asked for since day one. Other enhancements include preset manager improvements and the ability to drop the Windows taskbar on a preferred display in a multi-monitor environment.

Should just mean a little wait, and you'll have your wish. ;)

Solution

daship

Distinguished
Yes, dont run eyefinity for your desktop. Run 3 monitors and set the preferences to which one you want to be the main screen with the taskbar. On your games have them load an eyefinity profile when they open, when they close you go back to normal.

I helped a friend with this just last week.

I'll check that out. I fooled around with profiles a while back and it was a pain, but maybe with the new profiles thing it'll be easier...

Either way we're pretty close to a real fix, so I'm not going to waste too much time on it.

Thanks, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.