Best Cpu for 175$ range

Jynxin

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
After having stock pcs from stores for my entire life i decided to build my own pc, i dont have all the money for it so im getting piece by piece ive found everything i want except a cpu, im a first time builder and i consider myself much more of a pro gamer then pro builder so i honestly dont know what to get for a cpu so i was hoping someone could point me in the right direction, the main point of this pc is gaming, i also am on the web watching videos alot, burning movies, and some video editing. bottom line is i need the absolute best bang for the buck, Amd or Intel it does not matter im going to buy a mobo when i get the cpu so thats not a problem but i want the best for my money. any reply would be much appreciated .

You need to list a firm budget for a complete build. Don't buy components piecemeal one at a time; by the time you get everything together for building, some of your components may be outdated or actually priced lower. Pc parts go down in price, so buy everything at once; be patient and save; I recommend a minimum for building of $700 for the parts only.

Jynxin

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Im getting a gpu and psu within the month cuz i wana play games im going to use it in my current pc, when i get some more money a few months from now around christmas im buy the case, Cpu, Mobo, and Cpu fan. so i do have a while for the prices to drop but id like a Great Performance cpu.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
If you live by a microcenter, i5 2500k is 180 bucks, or combo deal with a motherboard and get that i5 2500k 30-50 dollars off. It's not a good idea to get computer parts piece by piece. 6 months or 5 months later, there will be new parts on the market or you buy a part and find it's broken and your 30 day return policy expired.

Save a good 700-900 dollars. What games and what graphics settings do you plan on playing? max settings on a game like BF3, be expected to spend 800-1000 minimum.

TRENDING THREADS