Sign in with
Your question

GTX 550 TI BIOS Crashes

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 28, 2011 3:05:24 PM

I got an entirely new setup about two weeks ago, GTX 550 TI graphics card crashes all together when I download graphics drivers, that was fixed by flashing my BIOS Then i get to the setup screen, set up my date and time, exit, turn off PC, and it happens again. Whenever I edit my BIOS it happens, the problem is fixed by loading optimized settings, but my BIOS has my Overclocking settings and I want to be able to use them, but if I ever try to, I can't see. It's either a problem when BIOS boots up and it can't get to the display or before it (I hear no beeps or anything with this, but I've checked and rechecked all my connections, and everything is new and works fine when I'm able to get into windows).

My setup:

G70A-G54 MSI motherboard

AMD Sempron 145 (with the intention of overclocking)

WD 750 gig SATA Caviar blue 7200 RPM 3.5

Antec 25 EA-650 green PSU

Corsair Vengeance 8 gb RAM (4x2 sticks)

EVGA GTX 550 TI

win XP 32 Bit (upgrading to WIN 7 Ultimate soon)

also another note This happens with two different GPU's in the same machine.

More about : gtx 550 bios crashes

January 7, 2012 9:22:35 PM

Hopefully this may help( work in progress )
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=706...

FlawlessSin said:
I got an entirely new setup about two weeks ago, GTX 550 TI graphics card crashes all together when I download graphics drivers, that was fixed by flashing my BIOS Then i get to the setup screen, set up my date and time, exit, turn off PC, and it happens again. Whenever I edit my BIOS it happens, the problem is fixed by loading optimized settings, but my BIOS has my Overclocking settings and I want to be able to use them, but if I ever try to, I can't see. It's either a problem when BIOS boots up and it can't get to the display or before it (I hear no beeps or anything with this, but I've checked and rechecked all my connections, and everything is new and works fine when I'm able to get into windows).

My setup:

G70A-G54 MSI motherboard

AMD Sempron 145 (with the intention of overclocking)

WD 750 gig SATA Caviar blue 7200 RPM 3.5

Antec 25 EA-650 green PSU

Corsair Vengeance 8 gb RAM (4x2 sticks)

EVGA GTX 550 TI

win XP 32 Bit (upgrading to WIN 7 Ultimate soon)

also another note This happens with two different GPU's in the same machine.

m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
January 7, 2012 9:25:07 PM

Take out a stick of ram, and try again :p 
m
l
!