Graphic card does not detect hdmi connection to tv

ofrip

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
My LCD TV was connected to the Computer's Graphics Card with an HDMI cable and worked fine for about a year
Two days ago the card stopped detecting the TV.

I went to the store and got a DVI to HDMI cable and connected the TV at the Computer screen port (DVI) it worked - that ruled out any problem with the TV

Then I got a new HDMI cable and checked again - it didn't work - that proved that the old HDMI cable wasn't the problem.

I then bought a new Nvidia Geforce gt 520 card

The problem persists: the Nvidia Control Panel Doesn't detect the TV

PLEASE HELP! This is so frustrating I am about to lose my whites

fuggles

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Okay.

Try using an AV cable ? They produce less quality but give it a try.

I found this anyway

NVIDIA graphics card adjustment
Use the NVIDIA Control Panel software to adjust settings for an NVIDIA graphics card.
Use these steps to open and use the NVIDIA graphics card software:

To open the graphics card software, right-click an empty area of the computer desktop, and then click the NVIDIA graphics card software item in the menu: nVidia Display or NVIDIA Control Panel .
The NVIDIA software window opens. Perform one of the following that matches the graphics card software:
Click Display or Video & Television .
NOTE:Video & Television appears only when a digital television is connected to the graphics card before the graphics card software is opened.
Click nView Display Settings , and then select the monitor or TV in Current display .
NOTE:nView Display Settings appears only when more than one display is connected to the graphics card before the graphics card software is opened.
Click a selection, make adjustments or changes, and then click Apply .
These are the NVIDIA Control Panel software settings for the graphics card:
3D Settings: For games and 3D applications
Display settings:
o
Resolution, color quality, and refresh rate
o
Color
o
Scale
o
Rotation
o
Mode for multiple displays
Video & Television settings:
o
Video color: Adjusts the color for a fine-tuned image or specific uses.
o
Video image quality: Adjusts image edge enhancement and noise reduction for smooth video playback.
o
Image size
o
Digital color format: Selects the format, if supported by the display, for visual color saturation (pure black).
o
Signal format: Selects the signal format for a standard TV or HDTV (high definition television). Also, selects the high definition format.
Figure 7: Example Change the Signal or HD Format selection screen
c01679065.jpg

ofrip

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
uploading screen shots wont work because its not in english for some reason the Nvidia control panel is in hebrew even though the file i downloaded from the Nvidia site is sepcified as an english version

computer134

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013