AMD FX 4100 and Radeon 7770

ForsakenKidx

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
This is what I have in my first gaming PC ever that should arrive on Monday. And I've been doing a lot of research into different things like bottle necking. I was just curious if this two paired together would give me any problems? And also if you have any suggestions or advice. Thanks!

jpardo2

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Nope! I have a FX 4100 overclocked to 4.4ghz continuous with a GTX 670 (saved money on the processor and bought a badass video card). No bottlenecks.

This is what made the FX 4100 perform alot better in my system. First, overclock it to what you want to get out of it, this thing can handle 4.0-4.4 very easily with a stock heatsink and fan. Second, turn off Turbo mode in your bios, and also turn off AMD Cool and Quiet. You don't need turbo mode on if you run at 4.0ghz+ and you don't want Cool and Quiet on because it will underclock your cpu when it feels the need to, even in gaming. I had it on during Battlefield 3 and it would underclock my cpu to from 4.4 to 1.4 and the game would be unplayable. Even if you don't want to overclock just turn off Cool and Quiet and Turbo mode.

ForsakenKidx

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Ok, I'm not really comfortable with overclocking yet but thanks for the info. Still too soon for that for me. And after I researched the 7770 i realized the 6900 series was better. but i didnt have the budget I really wanted and the 7770 was a free upgrade from a 7750 so i went with it.