Graphics Card Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardentluma

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Okay, so I bought a new graphics card: a Sapphire 6850HD. The problem? It does not fit in my standard sized HP P7-1054 case.

I guess I need one that only uses one slot...this one does not fit in the back panel part. And yes, I took out what I could from the back panel of my CPU.

Any recommendations? I'm really not savvy on these kinds of things. I use photoshop extensively and I run Second Life. I do not do hardcore gaming, but Second Life can be rather demanding.

Thanks.

Luma

Solution
And you won't find a worthwile 1 slot gpu, all the nice ones are 2.

Anyway ; the part with the screwdriver is meant to be taken out, brake away, otherwise you never could use a card.
The small part in between the parts with the screwdriver which can be removed ( the part in the green ) stays there, it shouldn't be in the way of your ports.

Not sure but i think you have to loosen the big part left also, is that a screw just above the word remove in the green cirkle ?
Not sure but it looks a bit the same as mine, i have to loosen the screw and can swing that part out of the way then, place the card and turn that part back and screw it back on.

ardentluma

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Yes. It's this my computer. It does not fit because the back panel does not come out all the way to accommodate the hdmi/tv hook ups on the back of the card. What I can take out only allows for a partial fit. I wish I could explain it better, but I can't take out enough back panel on my PC to make the card fit.

And you won't find a worthwile 1 slot gpu, all the nice ones are 2.

Anyway ; the part with the screwdriver is meant to be taken out, brake away, otherwise you never could use a card.
The small part in between the parts with the screwdriver which can be removed ( the part in the green ) stays there, it shouldn't be in the way of your ports.

Not sure but i think you have to loosen the big part left also, is that a screw just above the word remove in the green cirkle ?
Not sure but it looks a bit the same as mine, i have to loosen the screw and can swing that part out of the way then, place the card and turn that part back and screw it back on.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.