P8z68V-PRO Strange video "remnant" issue

MisterEdF

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Ever since I upgraded to the new P8Z68-V PRO board I have been having a strange video issue. This occurs both with the INTERNAL ON-BOARD video (with the RADEON card removed) and with the RADEON 5850 installed so it doesn't seem to be the video card or on-board chip causing the problem.

When I close IE or FIREFOX I get "remnants" of the IE or FIREFOX session left on the display (see attached photo). I have no idea what is causing this or how to stop it. Any suggestions?

Note the "white box" on the bottom of the screen print. It was left over from a drop down box in my browser after it was closed. If I simply run my mouse over it I can "erase" it as if I was wiping it away with a paper towel.

1227201174940pm.jpg
[/URL][/img]

MisterEdF

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
It sorta makes sense it's Windows but I've been using Win7 since beta and have never seen it before. From the day I upgraded my Mbd to the P8Z68-V PRO (~3 months ago) it started and continues. I've Google'd around and have seen no other mention of it and would think if it were Windows others would have mentioned it.

Guess I'll just have to live with it, but it is annoying.

MisterEdF

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Don't think so. It's a Dell 27" U2711 monitor running in native resolution (2560 x 1440) at 60hz on a Radeon 5850 card. Have the same problem on the internal video which runs at lower res.