Trying to buy a pc for friend that will run Star Wars the old republic

Achellies

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Hey guys just trying to find a cheap pc that will run this game for my friend, I don't care if I have to buy a new power supply and/or graphics card. But want to go the cheapest route possible. What do you guys think?

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
Operating System:
Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later
RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM
Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better
nVidia 7800 or better
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better
DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.

Achellies

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

The game is listed in the title Stars Wars the old republic it's an MMO and my budget is whatever I can get to run this game, no real budget just trying to go cheapest route ya know...

Sorry for the poor question just trying to do something nice for a friend

seumas_beathan

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

No need to be sorry mate, Its my stupidity, I didnt read the question title :L

Lord Captivus

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Check the requirements of the game (minimun or recomended...you choose) and then ask again, maybe put some options.
Im not one of those people that likes to build an entire pc using newegg links.
If this is a gift for a friend maybe you should buy a pre-build pc just in case theres a problem, specially if your friends doesnt know about computers.

ringzero

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
The cheapest route possible is to build the entire system yourself instead of buying a pre-built and swapping out better components.

You can try starting here:

http://www.newegg.com/Store/MasterComboStore.aspx?StoreID=7&name=DIY-PC-Combos

But it's pretty easy to put together a budget-minded system on your own. Just go with an Intel i3-2120 CPU and a Radeon 6870 or 6850 as your GPU. Get a solid ~500-550W PSU from Corsair, Antec, or Seasonic. Get 8GB RAM and a basic Gigabyte or Asus motherboard. Go with whatever hard drive deal you can find, but I'd recommend at least 500GB.

Keep in mind, though, that you also have to factor in a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and Windows.

TRENDING THREADS