Help fitting Cm Scout and Evga 580

totopesce

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
I bought a Evga 580 SC and a Msi z77a g45 motherboard, but when i try to put the video card those metal legs (where the HDMI is) dont enter the slots the case has (CM Storm Scout), I dont know if there's a special way of putting this card or something.

Greetings nd thanks.

PLZ help!!!

Solution
If the tool less expansion clamps aren't obstructing the card from dropping down, then the problem may be poor alignment in the case or board manufacture. Try loosening the mobo screws (in fact take out all but a couple to keep the board in place.) See if moving the board by whatever movement is allowed by the loose screws will let you drop the card in place.

If that doesn't help, another thing to check is to see if the case's 'slots' that the card's feet want to drop into are open enough for the feet or tabs to slide into. This will require removing the board. See if the card's 'feet' even slide into the slots. They might be pinched closed too much. You might take a screwdriver tip that is about the width and depth of the slots...

totopesce

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
it has those tool-free expansion slots.
the video card has like 2 metal legs, those go in some slots of the case, those legs doesnt enter the slots of the case, I cant take a picture because i cant see it, i cant see the slots with the card on it.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I'm trying to imagine what they look like and how they work. The pics I found were hard to see. But I'm thinking they may be keeping you from dropping the card straight down into both the PCIe slot and the notches at the bottom of the expansion slot openings that the 'feet' go into. Any way of removing the tool-free parts and going with normal screws?

pdxalex

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Kinda sounds like you may be trying to insert the card at too steep an inward angle. Take your time and don't force anything... maybe focus on the rear and get the card straight and lined up with the slot.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If the tool less expansion clamps aren't obstructing the card from dropping down, then the problem may be poor alignment in the case or board manufacture. Try loosening the mobo screws (in fact take out all but a couple to keep the board in place.) See if moving the board by whatever movement is allowed by the loose screws will let you drop the card in place.

If that doesn't help, another thing to check is to see if the case's 'slots' that the card's feet want to drop into are open enough for the feet or tabs to slide into. This will require removing the board. See if the card's 'feet' even slide into the slots. They might be pinched closed too much. You might take a screwdriver tip that is about the width and depth of the slots and 'open' them a little more.

Solution